Which Batman villain/supporting character would you most like to see on TV/film?

Started by johnnygobbs, Sat, 23 Aug 2014, 20:41

Previous topic - Next topic
Apart from Batman, obviously, which Batman villain/supporting character would you like to see appear in live-action TV (e.g. "Gotham") or film (e.g. the Ben Affleck incarnation of Batman) soon?  The question applies to both characters that have already made a live-action appearance in some capacity or a character that has yet to be transferred into live-action TV/film.  I'd also be keen to know your reasons for picking that character, or characters, and if you have any thoughts as to how you'd like to see that character/characters adapted (and if possible, who you think would be perfect for the part, but don't worry if you can't think of anyone).
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i bet i can guess yours. lol.

hm. harley quinn of people they haven't done yet and max shreck of people we've seen.

Harley and Schreck are good ideas. I'd like to add Robin (maybe as a flashback in the Affleck flick), James and Barbara Gordon, Catwoman, Harvey Dent.

I like these characters and I think they're a big part of Batman's universe. I know they've all been done before, but I'd love to see new faces.

And I'd like to see Killer Croc, Clayface or Man-Bat as new characters. I like these more fantastical villains.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 23 Aug  2014, 21:59
i bet i can guess yours. lol.
And you'd be wrong.  ;)

I should have made it clearer.  I meant characters that come directly from the comic-books, or in the case of Harley Quinn (who I also choose) characters that have made their way to the comic-books.

Quotehm. harley quinn of people they haven't done yet and max shreck of people we've seen.
I agree about Harley Quinn.  Apart from the short-lived "Birds of Prey" TV show she's never really been portrayed in a live-action show or film, although there was a recent 'Easter Egg' in the TV show "Arrow" where her voice was heard.  The makers of that show have indicated that she'll appear in some form in the future, although I do hope they mean a Batman film or TV show, which is where she belongs (not alongside Green Arrow or the Flash).

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 24 Aug  2014, 06:17
I agree about Harley Quinn.  Apart from the short-lived "Birds of Prey" TV show she's never really been portrayed in a live-action show or film, although there was a recent 'Easter Egg' in the TV show "Arrow" where her voice was heard.

Tara Strong, the voice of Quinn in Arkham City and Origins, voiced her in that cameo.

Apparently the Arrow producers wanted to use her, but they claim WB/DC have "other plans". I suspect that the Gotham TV show will have her before a live-action film will, in my opinion.

QuoteAndrew Kreisberg producer on Arrow told Comic Book Resources not to expect more of Harely Quinn this season.  While she had the tiniest of cameo's in season two's Suicide Squad episode, DC didn't even really want that happening.  Andrew Kreisberg said,

"There are very few things we've asked DC Comics for that we haven't gotten. That was something you asked for, and what you saw is a compromise that Geoff Johns and I came up with. To even get that much was a thrill for us. I know that they may have other plans for her, but it was certainly an Easter egg that thrilled us. But the Suicide Squad will definitely be back. Whether we see the 'deranged female killer' we saw before, we'll have to wait and see."

Source: http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/news/arrow-harley-quinn-suicide-squad-dc-other-plans/115590#!bJahtE

On-topic, how about Leslie Thompkins as another ally who is involved in Bruce's childhood?

How does one feel about having Thomas Elliot/Hush? I think he can be used as a main villain for a feature film. Deadshot can be possible, although I doubt he's interesting enough to be the main villain.

If a Batman movie has to use a boring damsel-in-distress character again, how about Silver St. Cloud? Yes, there is a character called that.  :D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

how about nightwing? it would be fun to have him doin his thang in bludhaven and have batsy track some villain there and there is a TON of tension between them.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 24 Aug  2014, 06:29
Tara Strong, the voice of Quinn in Arkham City and Origins, voiced her in that cameo.

Apparently the Arrow producers wanted to use her, but they claim WB/DC have "other plans". I suspect that the Gotham TV show will have her before a live-action film will, in my opinion.
I'd prefer a Batman property to feature Harley Quinn than one of the other JLA-related shows/films.

However, bearing in mind how old Harley Quinn is meant to be in relation to Bruce and the other characters (she seems to be closer in age to Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon than Bruce, Selina and the more established rogues) I can't see how she'd fit into "Gotham".  Ideally I'd like to see her pop up in the Ben Affleck Batman films somewhere down the line, especially if Ben is playing an older Bruce/Batman.  In that universe it's highly likely that the Joker has been incarcerated at Arkham for some time, which is the ideal opportunity to bring in Dr Harleen Quinzel as a medical intern...

QuoteOn-topic, how about Leslie Thompkins as another ally who is involved in Bruce's childhood?
I understand that Holly Hunter has already been cast as 'Dr Leslie Thompkins' and will be appearing in the 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' movie in some capacity.  I'm a big fan of Hunter, and I think she's got the right type of persona for the character so I look forward to her playing the part.

QuoteHow does one feel about having Thomas Elliot/Hush? I think he can be used as a main villain for a feature film. Deadshot can be possible, although I doubt he's interesting enough to be the main villain.
I was never a big fan of Hush.  If they're going to introduce a rich-kid antagonist/childhood mate of Bruce into live-action I'd rather it was Ronan Sionis/Black Mask.

QuoteIf a Batman movie has to use a boring damsel-in-distress character again, how about Silver St. Cloud? Yes, there is a character called that.  :D
Didn't Kim Basinger effectively play that part in the first 'Batman'?  I'd be happy to see a return of that character to the screen myself.  Or maybe Julie Madison, or Linda Page.  I'd like to see Veronica Vreeland, who's a more comical damsel-in-distress, also adapted from the animated series into live-action.

Not an overly well thought out response but I'd go with Dick Grayson;

we've yet to see a true Batman and Robin/Nightwing story in live action since the 60's; Batgirl was brought in too soon in the Schumacher films and of course Nolan had no use for the character. I'm still waiting for a dark portrayal of the character.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 24 Aug  2014, 19:27

However, bearing in mind how old Harley Quinn is meant to be in relation to Bruce and the other characters (she seems to be closer in age to Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon than Bruce, Selina and the more established rogues) I can't see how she'd fit into "Gotham".  Ideally I'd like to see her pop up in the Ben Affleck Batman films somewhere down the line, especially if Ben is playing an older Bruce/Batman.  In that universe it's highly likely that the Joker has been incarcerated at Arkham for some time, which is the ideal opportunity to bring in Dr Harleen Quinzel as a medical intern...

You never know what will happen with that Gotham TV show, assuming if it lasts more than one season. After all, Smallville introduced Darkseid before Clark became Superman, so anything is possible.

QuoteI understand that Holly Hunter has already been cast as 'Dr Leslie Thompkins' and will be appearing in the 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' movie in some capacity.  I'm a big fan of Hunter, and I think she's got the right type of persona for the character so I look forward to her playing the part.

I heard she was playing a US Senator instead. Unless she's a US Senator who is called Leslie Thompkins, which I really doubt.

QuoteI was never a big fan of Hush.  If they're going to introduce a rich-kid antagonist/childhood mate of Bruce into live-action I'd rather it was Ronan Sionis/Black Mask.

Fair call, and yes, Black Mask would be a great idea.

QuoteDidn't Kim Basinger effectively play that part in the first 'Batman'? 

She did, and played it very well. In fact, Silver St Cloud's creator Steve Englehart claimed that he wrote two treatments for B89 during pre-production, and claimed Vicki Vale was modeled after Silver St Cloud. Although Englehart mistakenly claimed that Vicki never existed in the comics.

Sources: http://www.steveenglehart.com/Film/Batman%20movie.html, http://www.steveenglehart.com/Film/Dark%20Knight%20movie.html
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei