Marvel's Daredevil (Netflix)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 31 Jul 2014, 17:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 12 Feb  2022, 07:37
End of an era.

'Daredevil' Seasons 1-3 Leaving Netflix in March 2022

Seasons 1 to 3 of 'Daredevil' will be leaving Netflix on March 1st, 2022.

Not only is Daredevil scheduled to leave Netflix globally, but all of the series related to The Defenders including The Punisher, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist and Luke Cage will all be leaving Netflix.

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/leaving-soon/daredevil-seasons-1-3-leaving-netflix-in-march-2022/

Now that Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio are officially in the MCU, I'm confident the original Daredevil show will be streaming on Disney Plus, but maybe with parental settings.

I heard rumours some of the other Defenders characters will get recast somewhere down the line. If that's the case then I won't be surprised if some of the original Netflix shows become hard to find and Disney won't stream them.
Didn't see this coming. But I guess it makes sense.

Now that Cox's future is secure, I've turned my sights toward Jessica Jones. Aside from Daredevil, JJ is the Netflix show that I probably enjoyed the most. And JJ possibly going down the memory hole is sad.

I've heard the rumors that all the Netflix shows will get dumped onto Hulu or something. And at this point, I hope that's what happens.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 12 Feb  2022, 16:12
Now that Cox's future is secure, I've turned my sights toward Jessica Jones. Aside from Daredevil, JJ is the Netflix show that I probably enjoyed the most. And JJ possibly going down the memory hole is sad.

Agreed. Although I wasn't initially keen on Jessica Jones Season One, but upon rewatch, I got a new found appreciation for it now. It's definitely the second best Marvel Netflix show. I even enjoyed the second season despite it was the beginning of Trish Walker's descent to darkness, and season three was a little mixed, but still better than Iron Fist's first season, or even Defenders.

I've heard rumours of Jon Bernthal will return as the Punisher, but the rest of the Netflix characters will get recast. That sucks particularly for JJ because Krysten Ritter suited the role. Not to mention she's adorable.

I wonder if Marvel decides not to stream the other original Netflix shows in favour of the new actors playing these characters? The original Daredevil show should be safe because of how successful and popular it was, but I'm afraid the other shows that aren't part of the future will get scrapped. Which means if you want to watch Defenders and Jessica Jones again, you're going to have a hard time trying to find them.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Disney Plus will stream Daredevil AND all of the other Netflix Marvel shows with updated parental controls on March 16th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/03/01/disney-plus-ups-parental-controls-r-rated-marvel-shows-arrive/9331301002/

Very surprising news. I was convinced only Daredevil had a chance to move onto D+, but this is great news if you're a fan of the other shows.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  2 Mar  2022, 10:01
Disney Plus will stream Daredevil AND all of the other Netflix Marvel shows with updated parental controls on March 16th.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/tv/2022/03/01/disney-plus-ups-parental-controls-r-rated-marvel-shows-arrive/9331301002/

Very surprising news. I was convinced only Daredevil had a chance to move onto D+, but this is great news if you're a fan of the other shows.
I wonder what that means for the other shows in terms of canonicity. I'm still holding on to hope that Krysten Ritter's turn as Jessica Jones can be translated into the proper MCU. If anybody besides Cox deserves to have their Netflix work recognized by MCU continuity, it's Ritter.

This awesome mod is the closest thing to a Daredevil game we've gotten so far.

A Daredevil reboot is in production according to the film industry publication Production Weekly, though it's unclear whether it's a movie or TV show.

Some sites reporting on this are speculating that the new film/show might start filming as early as sometime this year. I hope that's true.

"Reboot" is one of the most misused words in the entertainment world. For those worrying, this may not actually be a reboot.

Marvel.com has updated the bios of the MCU Daredevil and Kingpin to incorporate the events of the Netflix shows, and many are taking this as confirmation that those shows are now officially part of the MCU canon.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2022/04/03/the-daredevil-defenders-mcu-canon-debate-is-over/?sh=26bb5bf178aa

So it looks like that Daredevil reboot is going to be of the 'soft' variety, and that Cox and D'Onofrio are playing the same versions of Matt and Fisk that they played in the Netflix shows. Presumably this means we can expect Henson and Woll to return, along with Whalley's Maggie and Bethel's Bullseye. :)

Golly.

'Daredevil' Disney+ Series in the Works With Matt Corman, Chris Ord Set to Write (EXCLUSIVE)
https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/daredevil-disney-plus-series-matt-corman-chris-ord-1235272299

A new "Daredevil" series is moving forward at Disney+, with Variety having exclusively learned from sources that Matt Corman and Chris Ord are attached to write and executive produce.

Rumors have persisted for some time that a Disney+ series about the Man Without Fear was in the works, especially considering that two of the stars of the Netflix "Daredevil" series — Charlie Cox and Vincent D'Onofrio — have appeared in recent Marvel projects. Cox once again played Matt Murdock, the secret identity of Daredevil, in the film "Spider-Man: No Way Home," while D'Onofrio reprised the role of Wilson Fisk, a.k.a. Kingpin, in the Disney+ series "Hawkeye."

It now appears that the project is picking up steam with the hiring of Corman and Ord, although Marvel has yet to announce anything regarding the show formally.

Reps for Corman and Ord declined to comment. Marvel Studios reps do not comment on projects in development.

Corman and Ord most famously co-created the USA Network series "Covert Affairs" starring Piper Perabo and Christopher Gorham. The show aired for five seasons on the basic cabler between 2010 and 2014.  They most recently worked as executive producers and co-showrunners on the NBC drama shows "The Enemy Within" and "The Brave" as well as The CW series "Containment."

I'm excited. And frightened.

The television industry has changed a lot since 2015-18, and not necessarily for the better. But I can't wait to see Cox back as Daredevil, and until I'm given a reason to be concerned I'm going to maintain an open and enthusiastic perspective on this.

Keep the cast from the Netflix show, stay true to the character and avoid adapting stories that have already been adapted, and we should be good. It would also be nice if they could bring Drew Goddard back to write an episode or two.