25th anniversary releases

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Wed, 28 May 2014, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic
Any further word yet on that mysterious 25th anniversary dvd/blu ray we've all been told about? We're getting awfully close to the big day now and it appears to have gone missing in action.

While we're at that any signs the UK cinemas will screen the original Batman yet? Surprise surprise it seems that once again Britain will not bother while I am hearing of plenty of screenings happening in the States. Even Batman Returns has gotten in on the act. Will I ever get to see these bloody Keaton films on the big screen before I die?

As Maximus once said I shall have my vengeance on this frustrating matter, in this life or the next! lol

I'm pretty sure we'll hear something during the San Diego Comic Con. Still waiting for something more concrete for the 60's series.

https://www.o-cinema.org/event/batman-25th-anniversary-screening/

Some folks are getting into the act. There should have definitely been a more broad theatrical re-release for this legendary film. Still one of the most popular films in history!

I'm hoping for deleted scenes. I'm not sure if I would like a Spider-Man 2.1 scenario, where they are all integrated seamlessly. I like the film being the film. But...I'm warming up to it. Make this a release that isn't the typical re-release which offers nothing special or noteworthy.

http://www.cinemaartscentre.org/event/25th-anniversary-of-tim-burtons-batman/

There were definitely some showings for the 25th in the States. here's just one of the sold out theatres.

Here's another at the arts centre in NY:

http://www.wsbradio.com/events/events/movies-film/25th-anniversary-of-tim-burtons-batman/eCJtG7/

Blu-ray set cover released

Looks like same features as previous release plus a bonus disc with a documentary that looked at the marketing of the film.

Piss. Poor.

Yep, appears to be a total slap in the face. Everything the last release had plus a marketing documentary.

In other words, nothing to get excited about.  >:(

Fri, 15 Aug 2014, 03:51 #8 Last Edit: Sat, 16 Aug 2014, 02:55 by THE BAT-MAN
Seriously, what is up with the recent Blu-Ray cover art, that is related to Tim Burton's Batman Films?  They look absolutely horrendous.  It's as if somebody said, "Let's make sure these Tim Burton based Batman Blu-Ray sets look crappier and cheaper than the Chris Nolan based Batman Blu-Ray sets." I mean they literally didn't put any effort at all to honor or celebrate these films.  If they're going to do the Bat logo for the film at the very least they should get the 89 Bat logo right.

Like this.

Or This.

I would have even settled with this fanmade one

The cover sucks, the new featurette will probably suck.

What I expected. But I'll buy it anyway. One to open and one to add to my collection. I collect every major standalone release of the film. Just missing the Widescreen VHS, Laserdisc, Betamax, UMD and Snapper Case DVD.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton