The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm not too excited about the Batmobile, I hope they do something about it.

I wonder if Affleck will drop the annoying Batman voice that Bale's been doing. I hope he sounds more like Kevin Conroy, that would be awesome.

I'm not totally sure about the Batmobile yet, I'll need a full view.
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 16 May  2014, 12:15
I wonder if Affleck will drop the annoying Batman voice that Bale's been doing.
I wouldn't worry about that. There's surely no way Snyder or Ben will adopt that.

^ I don't know, we'll see. I thought the same thing about TDKR. I was thinking, "Nolan and Bale have to know how goofy the voice is. Not only is it hard to understand him, but look at how much the voice is being parodied and made fun of. They'll fix it for TDKR, I'm sure of it!". But then that movie came out, and it was like, "oh, you guys thought that voice was funny, lets bump the silliness up a notch, shall we?! Now we also have this Bane guy who will be a marble mouth, and they'll talk to each other!".

bale's voice sounded ok like 1 time. when he pulls falcone out of the car and says "i'm batman." then it was all downhill from there lol. its like kevin conroy said, bale needed someone to grab him and say "dude you sound ridiculous."

maybe we'll get an advance teaser trailer to put everyone's concerns about ben to rest and hear the voice.

TDKR brought the voices to ridiculous levels, absolutely. Bale was gargling marbles while suffering a severe bout of laryngitis and Nolan gave it the OK. I would be equally surprised and disappointed if they used something similar here. We are meant to learn from the past, not to repeat mistakes. To take the best aspects and bin the rest. Snyder has a red hot opportunity to show up Nolan here, who was not a heaven sent deity but simply another link in the Batman chain. Snyder must bring all his creative juice to the visuals and action.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 16 May  2014, 11:57
i thought it was like understood that batmobile isn't finished lol.
Yes, but the proportion seems a bit odd with the wheels being that frickin huge. I just hope it doesn't stick out that much in the final.

So Kevin Smith said that the color of the suit is the same as that of TDKR. So I'm guessing we're getting a Blue and Grey suit. Kinda cool!

He's referring to the second suit from DK86, when he symbolically goes back to a costume that's closer to his roots. All the blue parts are replaced with black, the iconic yellow emblem replaced with that big fat black bat symbol. The utility belt was also a duller, less bright yellow than what he had in the first two issues. Kind of like when Rocky changed his shorts in his rematch with Clubber Lang.

So the "new" cowl...

Pretty much back to this again, but presumably with some kind of brilliant new neck turning design? Looks like there are deep creases in the jugular area. Hard to tell from one pic but it looks a seamless blend of the cowl onto the cape. Very disappointed they are going with black makeup around the eyes instead of white lenses. And the ears are even shorter now. Looks like the days of long eared Batman are long behind us. (Arkham Knight aside)

New utility belt is cool, large compartments. First black belt since Kilmer? The gloves/forearms are the kind of thing we've seen on other superhero costumes over the years, but never on Batman. I don't know if I buy them as protective gauntlets but it looks different at least. Hopefully he will have shinguards, unlike Bale.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 20 May  2014, 04:21
So Kevin Smith said that the color of the suit is the same as that of TDKR. So I'm guessing we're getting a Blue and Grey suit. Kinda cool!

Looking at that suit all done up in color - it gives Burton's two a serious run for their money. I'm thinking this Snyder one is actually better.

Quote from: Furstmobile on Tue, 20 May  2014, 05:44
He's referring to the second suit from DK86, when he symbolically goes back to a costume that's closer to his roots. All the blue parts are replaced with black, the iconic yellow emblem replaced with that big fat black bat symbol. The utility belt was also a duller, less bright yellow than what he had in the first two issues. Kind of like when Rocky changed his shorts in his rematch with Clubber Lang.
It stayed blue through the entire book. The only time I've seen it not blue, are with some of those "black and white" statues, but they do all of their suits in the black and white. Even the regular statues and action figures keep it blue.