The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
Yup ^^ turned into the Batmobile, batsub and batwing

I'm glad they have gone in a different direction.

Burton revolutionised the character in 89 with his black bodysuit.
Snyder has 'revolutionised' the character in a way by shaking up that trend.

It's effectively the TDK Returns suit, which I like.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 15 May  2014, 12:40
I'm glad they have gone in a different direction.

Burton revolutionised the character in 89 with his black bodysuit.
Snyder has 'revolutionised' the character in a way by shaking up that trend.

It's effectively the TDK Returns suit, which I like.
I agree. I went on BOF, and saw Jett's opinion on it, and he just made me laugh. He always has to defend TDKT in anyway possible.

QuoteSpeaking of Jim Lee's New 52 Batsuit – which totally seems to be one of the inspirations used by costume designers – isn't it a bit ironic that he Mr. Lee was very much influenced by the Batsuits from Chris Nolan's "Dark Knight Trilogy?" For all those fans who wanted Batman to sport some sort of "tights" on the big screen and are currently doing a conga line over Batfleck's gear as we speak, uh, y'all, he ain't wearing spandex. It's simply a different version of the hated (by some, not all) "black rubber body armor."

I'm sorry, but Affleck's suit doesn't look like a huge black rubber suit from the past. Sure, it may be made from some of the same materiel, but it doesn't LOOK like rubber. That's what the fans have been asking for. We don't care how they make the suit, just stop making it look like obvious black rubber. I don't know if he can't understand that, or if he's just defending TDK-suit, or maybe just a mixture of both?

Oh, and here's a look at the front end. It's an unfinished look at it, but at least we get a better look at the front end.

Knock the wheels off and it's an awesome pod racer.  It just looks too....alien to me. Wait, Wayne Enterprises' advances in tech and medicine were due to discovery's of wreckage similar to Kal-El's ship, detailing a land cruiser schismatic, but since antigravity was beyond the scope of Wayne Tech scientists, this is what we got. That'll reach the 'aliens are responsible for everything' History Channel demographic Yeah! Give me a staff writing job, WB.

looks like something robby gordon would be wanting to race in the sand dunes in california lmao

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 15 May  2014, 14:37
I agree. I went on BOF, and saw Jett's opinion on it, and he just made me laugh. He always has to defend TDKT in anyway possible.
But he can turn his head in TDK suit. That makes it automatically better, regardless if you hate the design, right? And if the Snyder neck can move, Nolan did it first so he's still better!

The problem is Jett and the Nolan crowd went so far all in with that series, even if they love the new direction, it can't be overly so - because they'd be contradicting their previously held strong views. Either way, they were going to look silly.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 15 May  2014, 23:59
Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 15 May  2014, 14:37
But he can turn his head in TDK suit. That makes it automatically better, regardless if you hate the design, right? And if the Snyder neck can move, Nolan did it first so he's still better!

The problem is Jett and the Nolan crowd went so far all in with that series, even if they love the new direction, it can't be overly so - because they'd be contradicting their previously held strong views. Either way, they were going to look silly.

I never understood why people cared about Batman being able to move his neck or not. I never found it that distracting while watching the past films. If anything, I'd be more concerned if Batman can look good in a fight and he has the agility to be a believable fighter on film.

The response to the new Batsuit has been mostly positive, but I still notice some people are against it. Some of them don't like it because of their pathological hatred for Affleck, while others make snide remarks at Snyder for being too close to the comics; claiming it's just another example of his lack of originality. Well hey, all Nolan did was just copy the same colour template from the Burton/Schumacher films. If anything, this new Batsuit is refreshing. And even though I prefer the Batman Returns suit out of all the films, I'd put my bias aside by admitting that this suit is the most accurate comic adaptation to date.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Love him or hate him, Affleck still isn't really part of the equation yet. The suit is the focus of the news, and that's what I'm a fan of. He has the right build for the suit, so at least we know that the physical aspect is well covered. Now, as Keaton demonstrated, even previous acting roles aren't to be taken as gospel when it comes to the role. He could give us an expectedly awesome role, or he could just fall flat.
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 15 May  2014, 17:40
Knock the wheels off and it's an awesome pod racer.
Win. In all honesty, the wheels look tacked on. The body design is relatively smooth and streamline, but the wheels stick out horribly. Let's hope "unfinished" means they're going to tend to that.

Quote from: Slash Man on Fri, 16 May  2014, 05:20
Love him or hate him, Affleck still isn't really part of the equation yet. The suit is the focus of the news, and that's what I'm a fan of. He has the right build for the suit, so at least we know that the physical aspect is well covered. Now, as Keaton demonstrated, even previous acting roles aren't to be taken as gospel when it comes to the role. He could give us an expectedly awesome role, or he could just fall flat.
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 15 May  2014, 17:40
Knock the wheels off and it's an awesome pod racer.
Win. In all honesty, the wheels look tacked on. The body design is relatively smooth and streamline, but the wheels stick out horribly. Let's hope "unfinished" means they're going to tend to that.

he is too big a name to just disappear into the suit but i think a lot of us would like for that to happen lol. to forget that's ben affleck up there on the screen and just see batman lol. bleh.

i thought it was like understood that batmobile isn't finished lol.