The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
I like the suit.  I'm not sure about the car.  It's too messy-looking, much like the Nolan vehicles.  I much prefer the sleek, aesthetically-pleasing simplicity of the Burton Batmobile.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Excellent photo, you can really see the texture of the suit, and that the cowl and cape are one in the same.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 13 May  2014, 18:53
I like the suit.  I'm not sure about the car.  It's too messy-looking, much like the Nolan vehicles.  I much prefer the sleek, aesthetically-pleasing simplicity of the Burton Batmobile.

holy sh*t we agree on something

Great entrance - a striking pic to introduce both him and the car. If this was 1997 it would instantly become my bedroom poster.

The "clipped" ears are usually not to my liking, but I like the overall look, especially the suit's texture (a major difference compared to the appearance of previous suits) and the "traditional" musculature - nothing that looks too high-tech and military. It's too early to judge since we've yet to see him in motion, but it seems this new Batman will exceed the expectations of many, myself included.

Tue, 13 May 2014, 19:59 #14 Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 20:01 by Edd Grayson

in color  :)

I still miss the style of Keaton's suits but I like this one too.

I love the suit and the Batmobile. I think they're both great!

My only little complaint is the ears look a little too short. But otherwise, I like it! An improvement from the ugly Dark Knight costume by far! It feels like a combination of Dark Knight Returns, Year One, and New 52. Affleck really does look like Batman coming to life, probably moreso than any other actor before him. Let's just hope that he doesn't speak in a ridiculous gravellly voice though.  ;)

The jury for the Batmobile is still out for me though.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue, 13 May  2014, 18:46
Instantly the cowl is better than the Christian Bale years. Almost going back to the days of both Keaton and Kilmer.

Thankfully Affleck's mask doesn't have that ugly, long and blocky pointy nose that Bale had.

Is it just me or does it look as though the mask and cape are once again attached together? So can we soon see the return of the classic movie "bat turn" too?

I'm not sure about that. For all we know, the material may be loose enough to turn his neck. Only time will tell.

I have my minor disappointments however. I was hoping the yellow chest oval symbol might return this time (a huge part of why the Keaton suit remains so eye popping on screen).

I totally agree, it's too bad that most comics creators and film directors prefer the all-black bat insignia nowadays.

The ears are a slight letdown also. I know a lot of you guys are Frank Miller image fans but I'm a Neal Adams guy lol I wanted them to be the longer, sharper variety we got back in the nineties films. To me they help make Batman much scarier. I've never found them silly as some fans apparently do. The great thing is they look more correct than the daft, teeny-tiny and strangely triangular angled ears that Bale got.

I prefer the Adams look too, but I guess the filmmakers wanted to do so something new, especially Miller-inspired. And although I wish the ears were longer, I agree that they look FAR better than those weird curved ears that Bale had.

The Batmobile I'll have to get a better look at just yet. There is a definite hint of the Keaton Batmobile in there which is excellent. However it's still lacking those actual "bat-like features". Enough already with the sodding Miller tanks.

Agreed.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

car still sucks but i'm liking the suit. it is about time they gave batsy that kind of a look in a movie

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 13 May  2014, 19:08
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 13 May  2014, 18:53

holy sh*t we agree on something
I agree with you on a lot of things Catwoman!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Not sure about the car. I'll need a better, full look.

Would've liked longer ears on the suit, but overall, this is a big upgrade from Nolan.