Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Well, I'll be damned...the game now incorporates a switch character mode where you can play either Batman, Robin, Nightwing or Catwoman during Free Flow Combat. How do I know this? It's from the new trailer:

Nice shot of Lucius Fox holding a rifle there.

This game is seriously making me consider buying a console. I think it's too big to run on a normal PC.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

If any of yall get this and like binge play it and beat the main game or whatever in the next couple days please let me know. I have....questions.

I will wait to ask though til the game wears off so you're not like "I'M THE F-ING BATMAN, BITCH! I'M GOING TO KICK YOUR ASS! FOR GOTHAAAAAAAM! RAWRRRRR!"

lol

Yes that may or may not have been me after playing the Catwoman missions on Arkham City, with names changed accordingly....

It was...intense.  :-[

WB are idiots.

QuotePublisher Warner Bros says they're taking the drastic step of suspending all sales of Arkham Knight on PC until the game's technical woes can be addressed.

Source: http://kotaku.com/warner-bros-says-theyre-suspending-arkham-knight-pc-sal-1713780990

Good to see that they learned their lesson after the troubled experience in Arkham Origins...NOT!

Oh well, I'm going to have to wait a little longer to get the game unfortunately. I don't have much free time like I used to...despite the fact that I post here a lot.  :-\
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This site isn't a free time thing. This is a priority! lol

Holy sh*t I can't imagine trying to run a game like that on a computer.

I guess neither can WB :P

I have the game and will share my full thoughts on it soon. But at the moment? I'm impressed by a lot of it.

You finished where I can ask questions? And if I did ask would you tell me the truth or BS me just because? lol

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 25 Jun  2015, 22:26
You finished where I can ask questions? And if I did ask would you tell me the truth or BS me just because? lol
I've only really just started, so give me a few more days. And yes, I'll answer truthfully.

Sat, 27 Jun 2015, 13:39 #39 Last Edit: Sat, 27 Jun 2015, 13:42 by The Dark Knight
The story is excellent. I think people will be surprised how personal and psychological it is, cutting right to the core of Batman's personality and the effect it has on him and others. Big parts of the story focus on the fact Batman is so guarded to the point he lies to people or simply withholds information. Mainly to keep people on task and focused.

The game also manages to make you see how alone Batman feels, especially when people lash out at his decision making. Crime fighting is his burden to carry, on top of the historical emotional scars he carries, such as Jason Todd and Barbara Gordon's crippling.

And there's also another mental burden he has, which I won't spoil for people. But I really liked what they did with it. It's like a mix of Bat-Mite and the devil inside you always tempting you to lash out and lose control.

So indeed, this is one of the more personal and intimate stories you'll find - but the action and stakes are also big. I have to admit the battle mode Batmobile segments are repetitious and overdone, but apart from that - it's a fantastic game.

The full 100% ending is also something daring and bold which puts the Joker's death at AC to shame in terms of shock factor. I would've preferred this to what TDK Rises offered.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.