Batman: Arkham Knight

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 4 Mar 2014, 17:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Apparently, this is going to be the final game of the Arkham series.  :(

I'm excited for the new game, but even though I'm glad we'll finally get to control the Batmobile, I don't like the way it looks. Reminds me too much of the Tumbler. I wish they kept the same design from the first two games.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue,  4 Mar  2014, 22:59
I wish they kept the same design from the first two games.
That Batmobile was blown up during the comic End Game. Looks like they're respecting that continuity.

The game looks great.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 00:19
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Tue,  4 Mar  2014, 22:59
I wish they kept the same design from the first two games.
That Batmobile was blown up during the comic End Game. Looks like they're respecting that continuity.

Ah, well there you go! But I'm still disappointed that they chose that awful Tumbler look.

Anyway, Geoff Johns is writing the story. And there will be a villain who is actually called Arkham Knight. I wonder if this game will follow through any unfinished conclusions from Arkham City's side-missions i.e. Hush, Azrael? What are the odds that Azrael is the Arkham Knight? Or Anarky? Or...Joker?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 08:36
Ah, well there you go! But I'm still disappointed that they chose that awful Tumbler look.
Definitely tumbler influenced, but a little sleeker, and with bat emblems on the wheels.
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 08:36
Anyway, Geoff Johns is writing the story. And there will be a villain who is actually called Arkham Knight. I wonder if this game will follow through any unfinished conclusions from Arkham City's side-missions i.e. Hush, Azrael? What are the odds that Azrael is the Arkham Knight? Or Anarky? Or...Joker?
The Knight being Hush would be pretty clever. When unmasked, its the Bruce Wayne face wearing Thomas Elliot. Would be a head trip. Going from masquerading as Bruce to masquerading as 'Batman' too. But who knows?

I am overjoyed at the playable Batmobile, though. The biggest change in the dynamic since 'Asylum'. Rocksteady have the freeflow and predator gameplay perfected already. They just have to copy and paste that into 'Knight' with a few differences here and there. They would've spent all their remaining time creating the driving component. Which I read where the batmobile alone has enough data to fill an Xbox 360. So they're not mucking around. So at the end of the day, it could seriously lay claim to the best Batman game.

the graphics look outstanding. I like that they're doing something different, seems the Joker really is dead?

Quote from: riddler on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 15:53
seems the Joker really is dead?
The Joker is dead, yes. I still think they'll do something with the character. His likeness, anyway.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  6 Mar  2014, 00:48
Quote from: riddler on Wed,  5 Mar  2014, 15:53
seems the Joker really is dead?
The Joker is dead, yes. I still think they'll do something with the character. His likeness, anyway.

It wouldn't surprise me if he makes a cameo appearance during Scarecrow's hallucination poisoning.

I'm looking at the screenshots of the game right now. Although it looks like it will be the best game visually in terms of detail, some characters like Gordon, Riddler and Penguin don't resemble what they looked like in Arkham City. Actually, Gordon looks like his younger self from Arkham Origins.

By the way, doesn't anyone else agree that Riddler here looks like Charlie Sheen?

Source: http://www.denofgeek.us/games/batman-arkham-knight/233553/first-batman-arkham-knight-screenshots