Jesse Eisenberg is Luthor, Jeremy Irons is Alfred

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 31 Jan 2014, 18:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Yea helps if I freaking read the dates lmao.

I'm blonde, I have an excuse. :-\

http://legionsofgotham.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/1st-official-pic-of-jesse-eisenberg-as.html

He looks more like a Neo-Nazi and less like a poewrful, cunning, ruthless, shrewd business man who truly believes he can go toe to toe with Superman and bend steel....just saying...

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 25 Mar  2015, 20:58
http://legionsofgotham.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/1st-official-pic-of-jesse-eisenberg-as.html

He looks more like a Neo-Nazi and less like a poewrful, cunning, ruthless, shrewd business man who truly believes he can go toe to toe with Superman and bend steel....just saying...
;D  I doubt it since Jesse Eisenberg is Jewish.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Nothing to write home about. It's a bald Zuckerberg. OoOoh!  ::)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

People may be unsure about Eisenberg' s performance as Luther but let's keep an open mind. One thing we learnt from Keaton's casting uproar; give people a chance.

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 00:56

Nothing to write home about. It's a bald Zuckerberg. OoOoh!  ::)

lmao

He just doesn't look intimidating to me like Lex should. Of course neither did the dude in the Smallville show. I guess I got so wrapped up in the Lex from the Superman cartoon that I feel like he should be this tall, imposing man with a voice deeper than the ocean. He was actually sexy in a cartoon character kind of way lol. I wrote a short, terrible story back in the day (it was on notebook paper! ohmergaaad!) about him and Mercy. My mom found it and was not amused. Thank God she can't see the stuff I've written on my computer now.

Speaking of Mercy she should be in the movie. Of course it won't have the same dynamic since we have a pipsqueak Lex. Bleh.

I generally agree Catwoman.  I also prefer Luthor to be a powerfully-built, imposing man rather than a reedy kid, but the nature of business these days is that it's the reedy internet entrepreneurs who are now the central power-mongers in society so I suppose this casting makes sense.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 26 Mar  2015, 02:58
I also prefer Luthor to be a powerfully-built, imposing man rather than a reedy kid, but the nature of business these days is that it's the reedy internet entrepreneurs who are now the central power-mongers in society so I suppose this casting makes sense.

Going that route with Lex just comes across as a attempt to be 'current' and 'unconventional', especially in terms of Eisenberg being cast, than something that would actually be worthwhile for the actual character itself. Sure, I understand the idea of going that route, but to me, it comes across as pretty narrow minded. As Lex, in this film, could have easily been so much more than a bald 'reedy internet entrepreneur' Zuckerberg.

Personally, I would have much more preferred a older actor for Lex. One that conveys intelligence, but also a evident charisma, both in terms of attitude and body language, that radiates Lex's commanding alpha male tendencies. Also, in this universe, the DC cinematic universe, an older Lex could have easily been presented as essentially a amalgam of both Steve Jobs and Bill Gates. A individual that, in the DCCU, has already shaped the world several decades ago as a pioneer of the personal computer revolution, along with being a long-time influential business magnate, and of course, a steady inventor. To me, something along those lines would have been much more effectual for a character like Lex than going all social network.

Actually, the casting is still perplexing to me given that Snyder, once upon a time, was quoted as saying that he envisioned Lex to be a mixture of Richard Branson and Brad Pitt. I don't see neither in who we got.  :o

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'll wait and see before I judge Eisenberg, but I for one thinks that he does look menacing in that photo. Now people can stop complaining about his hair.  :P
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei