Batman 66 TV series getting home release this year

Started by Catwoman, Wed, 15 Jan 2014, 23:52

Previous topic - Next topic
Is this likely for a summer or christmas release? And how much do you think it will cost if it's a complete series?

I really hope they enhance the picture quality just like the stunning 1966 movie when it hit Blu Ray. Never mind the extras. Those of you familar with British tv screenings of the show in recent years will probably remember how dirty and scratched the images were. A restoration is a must.

i forgot about cost. holy sh*t it will probably be like $350 or something :(

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 16 Jan  2014, 02:16
i forgot about cost. holy sh*t it will probably be like $350 or something :(
Price is irrelevant for me. I'm ready.

me too. but i'm going to need some extra cash. bleh.

*puts on tight skirt and high heels and goes to stand on a corner*

:P

seriously guys do any of you know how much it might be? like how much are box sets like this usually? i have no f'in clue at all.

I don't know $230, $250. They know the insane demand for this thing, so it could be upwards from there.

Thu, 16 Jan 2014, 06:00 #15 Last Edit: Thu, 16 Jan 2014, 06:12 by DocLathropBrown
Affordability is the first piece of the puzzle for the feasability of a home video release. The fact that it's getting released all together instead of by season is concerning... but to make this affordable enough for people to buy it, I would suspect no more than $200, at the highest.

There are a lot of pie slices to dole out, unless the arrangements were made elsewhere (which is likely. Every compnay making a big chunk from each set sold would make the price unwieldy). It's possible that Warner is getting the bigger chunk and let Fox have some other stuff, or vice versa. We won't know yet, but I'm sure the price won't be insane. Anything above 200 would be insane.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Thu, 16 Jan  2014, 01:03
Is this likely for a summer or christmas release? And how much do you think it will cost if it's a complete series?

I really hope they enhance the picture quality just like the stunning 1966 movie when it hit Blu Ray. Never mind the extras. Those of you familar with British tv screenings of the show in recent years will probably remember how dirty and scratched the images were. A restoration is a must.

@Cobblepot4Mayor I'm not too worried about this, because ITV4 were using good quality versions of the show, for it's run in syndication just last year.

Just judging from how the show looks on TV around here in California, there are no HD scans yet  ;D

No Blu-ray release would be unlikely, but also very maddening, since like anything else back then, Batman was shot on film, meaning instantly that if they have access to the prints (which I'm sure Fox has them all), HD is a full go.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton