Jack on Heath

Started by Paul (ral), Sat, 12 Jul 2008, 13:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Joker81 on Sun, 13 Jul  2008, 12:33
I mean what is Jack gonna say "oh he wasnt as good as me, he was sh1t"
True, but I believe he meant it.

Quote from: Joker81 on Sun, 13 Jul  2008, 12:33but I think Jacks doing a bit of making up after his "I warned him" comment. He got a lot of flack for that.
I don't see why Jack should have gotten flack for that.  He was right to say it.  The whole statement was Jack telling about how he told Heath to be careful using sleeping pills because of an experience he had.

If he hadn't said it, speculation that Heath killed himself at the time may have been worse (although it was pretty rampant at the time).

No I dont think he should have got flack for it, it was blown completely out of proportion.

And Jack did have his say at the press conerence for the bucket list. When asked about Ledgers death he said he is always warning people about that drug/sleeping tablet and how dangerous it is.

Anyway, maybe he did mean it, but they'er all actors. Theye gonna respect eachother. Its not competitive to them, its a living.

This is the full article

QuoteBATMAN Christian Bale and tragic Joker star Heath Ledger are set to perform one of Hollywood?s most spectacular rescue acts? by saving an entire movie studio.

The Dark Knight, which hits Irish cinemas in 12 days, is hotly tipped to become only the fourth film in history to crash through the billion-dollar barrier at the box office.

This would more than ease the financial woes of Tinseltown giant Warner Bros. following a string ofexpensive flops this year.
Action movie Speed Racer crashed in flames and caveman epic, 10,000 B.C. only managed to scrape into minor profit.

Even The Bucket List, starring A-listers Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman flopped.
But now Bale and the late Ledger ? who died aged 28 from an accidental drug overdose in January ? are set to bail out the Tinseltown titans, after rave critical reviews.
Welsh-born hunk Bale (34), said: ?This is going to be the most successful Caped Crusader film.?

Only three other films have broken the billion dollar mark; Titanic,The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and Pirates of the Caribbean:Dead Man?s Chest.
But the tragic death of Ledger ? whose performance as The Joker is so mesmerising he is being tipped to become only the sixth actor ever to win a posthumous Oscar nomination ? has fuelled huge interest in the movie.

Jack Nicholson, who played The Joker in 1989?s Batman, declared: ?Heath has taken him to a new level. I couldn?t tear my eyes away.?

I remember hearing about an Irish Paper that completely made up an interview with a Star Wars actor a couple of years ago. I can't remember which paper it was, though.
So yeah, just throwing that out there.

If anything its probably one of the papers we print!

Quote from: raleagh on Sat, 12 Jul  2008, 13:56
Jack Nicholson had this to say about Heath Ledger's portayal of The Joker:

"Heath has taken him to a new level.  I couldn't tear my eyes away."
Nicholson is being a good sport, his assessment is correct. Heath had nothing but respect for Jack's portrayal. It is clear to me that Ledger is the better of the two by a fair margin.

I havent seen TDK yet, all I've heard is the hype.
But I think it will go down to personal taste. Two different Jokers, in different era's in different types of films.

Theres a lot of 20 something people out there that Batman 89 is part of their childhood, and you cant just take that memory away in 2 and a half hours.
Batman 89 will always be with them and loved (including Jack) , just like the spectrim or commadore 64!!! lol

That may be so, but nostalgia can only go so far. Having been a fan of Batman (1989) and Jack's Joker, it is clear to me that Heath is superior. It is the best interpretation of the character in any medium. Ledger is the benchmark now. I don't see this being topped, ever. Good luck to the fellow who tries.

I bet that was said in 1989.

The thing is Heath Ledgers performance is fresh, new and exciting. In 20 years time we will see if it endures.

Jacks has lasted 20 years, and I beleive it will last another 20. No one dared attempted the Joker for nearley two decades on film. Thats some record.

Heath was fantastic. Nice to hear that Jack enjoyed it.