Gotham (Fox)

Started by BatmAngelus, Wed, 25 Sep 2013, 01:37

Previous topic - Next topic
I could buy that. Looks just BB'ish enough to be recognizably Batman but just rough enough to be a very primitive Batman outfit.

Eh.

But I hope Gotham fans love it.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Mon, 11 Mar  2019, 17:34
An image has appeared online supposedly showing Batman's costume from the Gotham finale. It's from the same Reddit page that leaked the early Joker pics, so it could be legit. Or it could just as easily be fake. Judge for yourselves.

I haven't been a Gotham viewer, but I like the look of this.

The TV style aesthetic looks to be a positive here considering the show's concept.

Sun, 24 Mar 2019, 14:59 #142 Last Edit: Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 14:25 by Kamdan
Would it have killed them to make a David Mazzucchelli inspired suit? Cosplayers pull it off without the budget of a television production. It's just going to be for one scene and I'm sure they can find one buff guy that would look great in the grey tights. I'm getting tired of all of this heavy armor aesthetic and this would be the appropriate way to see a true Year One suit in live action.

Quote from: Kamdan on Sun, 24 Mar  2019, 14:59
Would it have killed them to make a David Mazzucchelli inspired suit? Cosplayers pull it off without the budget of a television production. It's jusy going to be for one scene and I'm sure they can find one buff guy that would look great in the grey tights. I'm getting tired of all of this heavy armor aesthetic and this would be the appropriate way to see a true Year One suit in live action.

Sadly no live action Batman film or TV show produced by Warner Bros has ever even tried accurately adapting the classic comic book costume. It's as if the film and television industry regard the armoured suit as the default version. They've been using variations of the same thing now since 1989. After 30 years of rubber muscles and armour plating, it's high time we had something new.

And by 'new' I really mean old.

Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 14:35 #144 Last Edit: Fri, 29 Mar 2019, 14:37 by Kamdan
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 28 Mar  2019, 21:18

I know it's just a statue and it's impossible for someone to be in that great of shape, but that's exactly what I'd like to see. It can't be done for a series of films because actors struggle with maintaining their weight at just the right consistency to look good in their suits. We all saw how Affleck ballooned up during the reshoots for Justice League and how Bale looked a bit chubby in Batman Begins (Look at the "Can you drive stick?" scene for an example). For this brief moment, they could have made a lasting impact with something iconic from the comics, but decided to go cheap instead. What a loss.