Batman Beyond

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 17 Jul 2013, 06:13

Previous topic - Next topic
It looks like we're getting a Batman Beyond film after all. Following the critical and commercial success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Warner Bros is now developing an animated Batman Beyond movie for a 2022 theatrical release. Some production art has already leaked online.

I'd have preferred a live-action film with Keaton in the lead. But at least they're finally doing something new with the property.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 31 Jan  2019, 02:25
It looks like we're getting a Batman Beyond film after all. Following the critical and commercial success of Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse, Warner Bros is now developing an animated Batman Beyond movie for a 2022 theatrical release. Some production art has already leaked online.

I'd have preferred a live-action film with Keaton in the lead. But at least they're finally doing something new with the property.
I agree that it's good to see some action with this concept after so many years of dormancy. If nothing else, it fits rather well with this recent trend of series and franchises giving the keys to younger generations.

As for it being an animated feature... frankly, in light of the news of Affleck departing the role, I somewhat share in your disappointment that this isn't live action. But here we are.

At this point, I'm just hoping for a minimum of cultural Marxism.

I would have preferred live action as well, but I gotta say, this project has my attention. I'm less interested in Suicide Squad 2 and those spinoff projects. When push comes to shove, I'm a pure Batman guy. And the brand could do with a good animated feature after a run of duds.

Turns out the reports of a Batman Beyond animated film were false.

Oh well.

That's unfortunate. But at the same time, it is free market research for WB. If they didn't know already, now they're aware of how much interest people have in this property. Good things may yet come out of all this.

Mon, 3 Jun 2019, 08:05 #25 Last Edit: Mon, 3 Jun 2019, 08:10 by Edd Grayson
I am thinking about watching Batman Beyond again. The show is really 20 years old now... that feels unbelievable. It was actually one of my earliest experiences of Batman.

Schway.  :)

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  2 Feb  2019, 15:47
That's unfortunate. But at the same time, it is free market research for WB. If they didn't know already, now they're aware of how much interest people have in this property. Good things may yet come out of all this.

??

Under the current circumstances surrounding DC movie adaptations, I find this statement very debatable. Judging from what I've seen, Warner definitely couldn't give two sh*ts about the fans.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 08:05
I am thinking about watching Batman Beyond again. The show is really 20 years old now... that feels unbelievable. It was actually one of my earliest experiences of Batman.

I've been slowly re-watching the entire series. The DVD set was on sale when I was in Walmart about a month ago for $10, so I bought it without question. That's a great price for all of the seasons on DVD. It's a great show, but still doesn't come close to the first 3 seasons of BTAS.

Quote from: Travesty on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 16:48
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 08:05

I've been slowly re-watching the entire series. The DVD set was on sale when I was in Walmart about a month ago for $10, so I bought it without question. That's a great price for all of the seasons on DVD. It's a great show, but still doesn't come close to the first 3 seasons of BTAS.
Beyond was a very plot-driven show. That seemed to be Kids WB's preference since the same could be said about the other Batman and Superman shows.

On that basis, Beyond is a very enjoyable action-adventure show. Some things haven't aged well while other things aged like fine wine. It's strange that Beyond is being gradually forgotten. A little sad too.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Mon,  3 Jun  2019, 19:09
It's strange that Beyond is being gradually forgotten. A little sad too.
Beyond coming to Blu-ray will help change that.