Kiss from a Rose

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 12 Jul 2013, 02:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Still we don't know what happened to Selina Kyle...because according to the last scenes of Batman Returns, she did survive. All we got is a reference from Chase.

to get us back on topic

*sings loudly*

BABAAAAY! i compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey. OOOOO the more i get of you the stranger it feels, yea-ea. now that your rose is in bloom, a light hits the gloom on the grayyyyyyyy

;D

Quote from: Catwoman on Sat, 13 Jul  2013, 00:40
to get us back on topic

*sings loudly*

BABAAAAY! i compare you to a kiss from a rose on the grey. OOOOO the more i get of you the stranger it feels, yea-ea. now that your rose is in bloom, a light hits the gloom on the grayyyyyyyy

;D
Ahhhh. Help me!  My ears.  They're bleeding!  :P
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

For a long time, I mean years, I thought Seal was singing 'kiss from a rose from the grave'.

That may be my morbid sensibilities, but I liked the concept of Bruce's parents 'kissing' Bruce back for leaving flowers on their graves.  :-\

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Jul  2013, 01:50
For a long time, I mean years, I thought Seal was singing 'kiss from a rose from the grave'.
That's what I thought.  What does 'kiss from a rose from the grey' mean?  Dark Knight, your interpretation makes more sense, even if it does turn out to be wrong.

i looked it up on songfacts a few weeks ago to try to find out what the hell he was talking about. no luck lol.

I always thought he said "gray" because light and darkness are strong parts of the song's imagery. Seemed like the better match.

Of course, he goes on to compare love to an addictive drug so what do I know?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 13 Jul  2013, 01:50

That may be my morbid sensibilities, but I liked the concept of Bruce's parents 'kissing' Bruce back for leaving flowers on their graves:-\
This reading makes more sense to me in terms of the film's themes (including Bruce's guilt regarding his parents' death) than 'a kiss from the grey'.

Yes, but it's really grey, not grave, even if "grave" would be more meaningful.

he did the song like long before the movie even came out so it's not like he wrote it thinking about batman lol