I feel Nolan was very wrong on one important matter

Started by Edd Grayson, Mon, 8 Jul 2013, 05:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Nolan wanted to show that anyone can be Batman, that he is more like a symbol.But I say NO. Batman is Bruce Wayne and not anyone can be Batman. Not without experiencing what Bruce had experienced first. That's one of the core points of being Batman for me, Bruce Wayne's story. Without a real reasoning to be Batman, you cannot claim to be Batman. Only Bruce Wayne could do it. Just doing it because you can like Blake did, that does not make a person Batman in my eyes.

i agree. anyone can be a hero, they can be a soldier or a police officer or a firefighter or a doctor or teacher or whatever. those are all occupations. batman is a single person. he is bruce wayne, not the other way around.

And there's only one Catwoman and it's Selina Kyle. We all know what happened almost 10 years ago when they tried something else... ;D

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 06:13
And there's only one Catwoman and it's Selina Kyle. We all know what happened almost 10 years ago when they tried something else... ;D

*hiss*

Oh and, Michelle Pfeiffer and Michael Keaton 4ever!!

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  8 Jul  2013, 05:59
Nolan wanted to show that anyone can be Batman, that he is more like a symbol.But I say NO. Batman is Bruce Wayne and not anyone can be Batman. Not without experiencing what Bruce had experienced first. That's one of the core points of being Batman for me, Bruce Wayne's story. Without a real reasoning to be Batman, you cannot claim to be Batman. Only Bruce Wayne could do it. Just doing it because you can like Blake did, that does not make a person Batman in my eyes.

It totally contradicts the Batman wannabes asking "What's the difference between you and me?" in the second film now, doesn't it?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

That's all they were, wannabes.

If I paint half of my face and walk around with a big silver coin does that make Two-Face? NO!! I was not scarred by acid, I was not tortured from the inside like Harvey was.

It might as well be, I could look at it all day and still feel good.

i tried to make it my avatar and it didnt work. f***.