Batman '66 (2013-2015)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 5 Jul 2013, 22:42

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 5 Jul 2013, 22:42 Last Edit: Wed, 24 Feb 2016, 20:45 by Silver Nemesis
I haven't read the first issue yet, but it's getting good reviews. IGN rated it a 9.8!

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/07/04/batman-66-1-review

Cool - I have it ordered but haven't received it yet.

how much does it cost if you order it online? all the comic book stores within like a 500 mile radius of me are closed. bastards. lol.

The digital issues are out now and cost 99cents - though I think the print issue costs more but have a few digital issues in each one. The first print issue is out July 17th

i see. why does everything have to be so complicated?

I wish someone would do a comicbook-line based on the Burton and maybe Schumacher films.  Even if it was only a fan-based project it would still be very welcome.  Any artists out there?  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 10 Jul  2013, 04:16
I wish someone would do a comicbook-line based on the Burton and maybe Schumacher films.  Even if it was only a fan-based project it would still be very welcome.  Any artists out there?  :)

If you're on Facebook there is a campaign.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/390869904351472?__user=100000991788635

After doing the tv show the movies must be next surely? I'd love that. Imagine them filling in that gap of what happened to Catwoman after Batman Returns. There's a story right there.

The new 66 comic I'll be waiting till it's in stores for. Owning this is more vital than plugging in wires and laptops to read online. I think it's going to be a much needed fresh thing to do in comics and hope it won't be all gone after just a few issues. This is one series I'll be buying however long it continues for. Just getting away from all the grittiness that's been done to death and having back that zany style of the show will be wonderful to read for a change. It's also a chance to bring back the technicolour aspects of old comics and light them as madly as possible not having to bother with a realistic colour palette.

Thread moved to 'Finished Runs' board. Batman '66 ended back in December.

Still, they had a good run. They produced around thirty issues, plus additional crossover specials with The Green Hornet, The Avengers (British TV versions, not Marvel) and The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Not too shabby for a comic based on a show that turns 50 this year.

Agreed. I enjoyed the B66 comic a lot. I think it was the right time to end it though. And the ending was just about perfect - they recreated the opening title sequence.