Rene Russo VS Nicole Kidman

Started by OutRiddled, Sun, 9 Jun 2013, 04:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: JokerMeThis on Tue,  9 Jul  2013, 03:44
Batman and Robin is like a comedy to me like the Adam West Batman TV show. In that context, what is wrong with Uma's performance in that movie? Or the perforamances of the other actors?
Batman, Batman Returns and Batman Forever all featured a lot of humour but Batman & Robin was just filled with awful OTT camp humour without an ounce of wit.  Everyone was practically winking at the audience.  I realise the TV series traded on broad humour too but since the show was effectively a parody it worked.  It was also suffused with a greater deal of wit than Batman & Robin.  Also, if the latter film was meant to be a parody it was never made clear.  Besides, why would Schumacher do a spoof Batman movie rubbishing everything that had been so successful with the previous three Batman movies?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I'm not sure what you think but Batman and Robin doesn't hurt the superior three movies that came before it for me.

Batman and Robin isn't the movie I would've made. I would've prefered something at least like Batman '89 if a movie like Batman Returns was not going to be permitted. But I just accept it for what it is.

Quote from: JokerMeThis on Tue,  9 Jul  2013, 03:58
I'm not sure what you think but Batman and Robin doesn't hurt the superior three movies that came before it for me.

Batman and Robin isn't the movie I would've made. I would've prefered something at least like Batman '89 if a movie like Batman Returns was not going to be permitted. But I just accept it for what it is.
I don't personally think Batman & Robin hurts the earlier films, no although plenty of others dismiss the Burton/Schumacher series because of what it became.  However, that was not my point.  My point was simply that Batman & Robin's tone made no sense.  Why make what comes across as a parody of three very successful Batman films rather than a sequel which shared the rough tone and feel of the earlier movies? 

I wouldn't have minded a proper spoof to be honest (i.e. a Naked Gun/Airplane type movie back in the day before the spoof genre had been utterly blemished for good by the Wayans Brothers and their even more wretched 'Epic/Superhero/Meet the Spartans/Scary Movie' successors) but like I stated this was not meant to be one and was thus caught between trying to be a proper Batman film and a self-parody and comprehensively failed at both.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

It doesn't bother me a whole lot. Again, Batman and Robin isn't the movie I would've made but it doesn't bother me much. I'd have liked a whole series like the Burton movies personally.

And I kind of like some of those spoof movies you mentioned.  ;D

I don't even really like Nicole Kidman, but I'd take her circa 1995 incarnation over Russo.

Characterisation and all that jazz which people pick on aside (it doesn't bother me much these days to be honest) Kidman was absolutely stunning in every scene she appeared in.

Kidman looked like a goddess in Batman Forever. She is one of the best looking women in Hollywood I think. And I don't care what some people think. I think she's beautiful today still.

I'm with you on this one JokerMeThis. Nicole Kidman is a beautiful woman.