Your Version of Batman Forever

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 9 Aug 2013, 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Actually, I think that Harvey flipping the coin repeatedly in Wayne Manor is him flipping for the lives of all three people there--Alfred, Chase and finally Bruce, who get the murder approval.

Maybe not intended, but somehow fits.

As for changes? I would have toned down Tommy Lee quite a bit but not completely--I think his maina has some merit. Remove the butt-shot at the end. And put the deleted scenes back in.

Wow. That's about all I can think of. I freakin' love this movie.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

QuoteActually, I think that Harvey flipping the coin repeatedly in Wayne Manor is him flipping for the lives of all three people there--Alfred, Chase and finally Bruce, who get the murder approval.
That would actually be a good idea.  I have trouble seeing that in the movie since I don't think Alfred's unconscious form is in Harvey's line of sight, but all it would take to make it clear would be a shot of Harvey looking at Alfred.  Flip.  Clean side.  Then at Chase.  Flip.  Clean side.  Leaves Bruce for last.  Flip.  Scarred side.  Now, the evil part of Harv is happy.

QuoteRemove the butt-shot at the end.
I can't believe this is the first time this was mentioned in this thread, but yes.  Agreed.

I'd cut the "I'll get drive-thru" line as well.  I believe I first saw that bit as a kid as part of a McDonald's commercial or tie-in.  I didn't expect it to be in the actual movie until I went to the theater and even back then I was like, "Whoa, really?"
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 10 Aug  2013, 06:12
That would actually be a good idea.  I have trouble seeing that in the movie since I don't think Alfred's unconscious form is in Harvey's line of sight, but all it would take to make it clear would be a shot of Harvey looking at Alfred.  Flip.  Clean side.  Then at Chase.  Flip.  Clean side.  Leaves Bruce for last.  Flip.  Scarred side.  Now, the evil part of Harv is happy.

What's funny is that the film sort-of does that already.

You don't get a connective shot of Alfred (but if Harvey was thinking about killing them all, he'd just go back and shoot Alfred where he's locked in the closet--it's not like he doesn't know where he and The Riddler put him), but you get a shot of Chase punching a thug, and then it cuts to Harvey doing sort of a passive laugh/chuckle/contemplation while he's looking up (presumably having seen Chase hit his goon?) and then he flips the second time and it shows the clean side, then he whines about it.

I really think his laugh/"hmmph" is supposed to be in response to Chase hitting his goon, so all the more reason it makes it look like that coin flip that follows is in relation to Chase. The editing suggests the two moment are connected. And then the third flip-as we know-results in him shooting Bruce. His reaction even comes off as "Yes! The coin fell the way I wanted to on the one I wanted to kill the most!" just before he shoots Bruce.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

I would add more scenes about Bruce's past, make Two-Face be serious and have Bruce talk to Chase about his past experiences with women, Vicki Vale and Selina Kyle.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sat, 10 Aug  2013, 06:42
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Sat, 10 Aug  2013, 06:12

What's funny is that the film sort-of does that already.

You don't get a connective shot of Alfred (but if Harvey was thinking about killing them all, he'd just go back and shoot Alfred where he's locked in the closet--it's not like he doesn't know where he and The Riddler put him), but you get a shot of Chase punching a thug, and then it cuts to Harvey doing sort of a passive laugh/chuckle/contemplation while he's looking up (presumably having seen Chase hit his goon?) and then he flips the second time and it shows the clean side, then he whines about it.

I really think his laugh/"hmmph" is supposed to be in response to Chase hitting his goon, so all the more reason it makes it look like that coin flip that follows is in relation to Chase. The editing suggests the two moment are connected. And then the third flip-as we know-results in him shooting Bruce. His reaction even comes off as "Yes! The coin fell the way I wanted to on the one I wanted to kill the most!" just before he shoots Bruce.
I'll definitely give the scene a rewatch and see how it matches up.   :)
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

when bruce arrives for his first session with chase, he sees a woman come out of her office that looks an awful lot like selina kyle, but before he can pursue the matter, chase calls him in. one of two things could happen then, he could talk about a past love without specifically mentioning who he had just seen or that could be the first thing he says, something about her previous patient and chase looking at him like he is crazy and saying he's her first appointment all day.

Sun, 11 Aug 2013, 13:02 #16 Last Edit: Sun, 11 Aug 2013, 15:31 by gordonblu

QuoteRemove the butt-shot at the end.
I can't believe this is the first time this was mentioned in this thread, but yes.  Agreed.

I think removing the butt-shot (and nipples) was a given to begin with! ;D
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?