Scooby-Doo Meets Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 20:06

Previous topic - Next topic
Sat, 16 Mar 2013, 20:06 Last Edit: Mon, 29 Jan 2018, 01:02 by Silver Nemesis
Has anyone else seen this? I picked up a DVD cheap a few weeks back. It includes two Scooby-Doo adventures guest starring Batman and Robin:

•   'The Dynamic Scooby-Doo Affair'
•   'The Caped Crusader Caper'

They're both very much of the Silver Age vintage, with Robin constantly spouting his "holy" catchphrase and Batman using an array of gadgets prefixed with the word "bat". But they're both good harmless fun.

A lot of the joy in watching these comes from spotting the goofs in the animation. For example, Batman's pants spontaneously disappearing in between shots.

Other times it's his gloves that disappear. It may be down to a simple colouring error...

...or the fact the artists haven't drawn his gloves to begin with.

Those kind of errors I can understand. But where did the ring come from in this next goof?

It's one thing not to draw/colour his gloves. But it's another thing altogether to add jewellery out of nowhere. And what's up with Batman's chest in this shot?

Sorry to nitpick, but it's all part of the fun of these old cartoon shows.

Anyway, the whole Batman/Scooby-Doo crossover thing reminds me of that teaser for the 2002 Scooby-Doo movie. I remember seeing this in the cinema and not even knowing there was a Scooby-Doo film in production. I thought it was a genuine Batman trailer.

So disappointing.  :(

i remember that! i was like "where the f*** did that ring come from?!" lol