New Batman: Arkham Game Coming This Year

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 12 Feb 2013, 20:43

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Travesty on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:21
Looks like Superman is evil, lol.
Yep. Superman's suit resembles a photo leak from ages ago that people said was fake. Metropolis is going to be a big open map, which is a good idea as a contrast to their Gotham maps. And it's a continuation of the Arkham series. The details sound promising, but it's hard to judge anything when all we've seen is a CGI trailer and no gameplay. And a 2022 release date. Really? I'll be focusing my gaming time on Ghost of Tsushima and Cyberpunk 2077.

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League has now become a posthumous release for Kevin Conroy - Batman is back for the last time.

I'm not really sold on this game, but it's nice seeing Conroy has reprised his role before his death. With that said, Arkham Knight should've been the final entry in the Arkhamverse.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:30
The details sound promising, but it's hard to judge anything when all we've seen is a CGI trailer and no gameplay.
The League members have been mind controlled by Brainiac, thus the Squad have been called in to deal with the situation. I'm thinking a good way to resolve this from Batman's point of view is via fighting the hypnosis through sheer will. He fought fear toxin numerous times in the other Arkham universe games. That way we get to experience a more brutal version of Batman and he's not defeated by the villains. He simply comes to his senses, and perhaps via plot convenience some of the Squad characters we're following manage to escape.

This game has been delayed for another year, it seems it's undergoing significant changes. I don't see how they can improve it, it appears to be the same online generic shooter game. The biggest problem this game has is it runs on the Games-As-a-Service (Gaas) model, which was blamed as the main reason why Square Enix's Avengers game flopped, and will soon be taken offline. Unless a miracle happens, this game is DOA.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

David Zaslav has shown once again he is utterly clueless. He wants every huge WB Game title to adopt the Game-As-A-Service model, even though more companies have begun to abandon it, and games like Avengers were taken offline due to failure.

https://press-start.com.au/news/2023/11/09/warner-bros-plans-on-turning-all-of-its-biggest-franchises-into-live-service-games/

Just like the film and TV content, WBD has NO idea or doesn't care what people want. This means the Suicide Squad game is likely doomed to fail, and projects like the Wonder Woman game are now in doubt. This means we'll never see anything as good as the Arkham or Injustice games ever again.

Absolute deadbeat company. They certainly don't deserve the rights to DC.

Leaks of this game have been making noise all over the internet, and it's for all the wrong reasons. Rocksteady came out on social media and confirmed they're "disappointed", meaning most of - if not all - the leaks are real.

You can find the list of leaks somewhere online, but this one particular leak may annoy you:

https://insider-gaming.com/suicide-squad-leak-reveals-major-character-death/

To tell you the truth, I'm not even too bothered by this, because the more I learned about this game, the more I suspected it was a cynical cash grab made for shock value. In hindsight, "Kill the Justice League" as a sub-title gave the idea away. The more I think about this, the more the games department is becoming as horribly mismanaged after the movies, if you take the Injustice and the Lego games out of the equation.

Arkham Knight is the true ending of the Arkhamverse, as far as I'm concerned. Even if you ignore the leaks, this Suicide Squad game already has too many continuity issues that make it very hard to work as a follow-up.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 21 Dec  2022, 11:29
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:30The details sound promising, but it's hard to judge anything when all we've seen is a CGI trailer and no gameplay.
The League members have been mind controlled by Brainiac, thus the Squad have been called in to deal with the situation. I'm thinking a good way to resolve this from Batman's point of view is via fighting the hypnosis through sheer will. He fought fear toxin numerous times in the other Arkham universe games. That way we get to experience a more brutal version of Batman and he's not defeated by the villains. He simply comes to his senses, and perhaps via plot convenience some of the Squad characters we're following manage to escape.
Well, that's how I would have handled things. That would have been tasteful and in line with the Arkham Batman we've come to expect. If the leak I read is actually true it's hard to believe this project was greenlit and the creators thought the fanbase would respond positively. It's a game that would piss everyone off in the most extreme way possible by absolutely desecrating the heroes we all love. If that's the case I really do hope people commit to a hard boycott. I'm sick and tired of our 'entertainment' being 'edgy' like this now. I'm not exaggerating when I say this alleged game outline reads like a suicide note.

A cutscene of the Suicide Squad meeting a child clone of Poison Ivy leaked online.

https://youtu.be/sv5thEFtHw4?si=4IX9bYXDN-7AbKQX

Knowing Harley Quinn and Ivy are a lesbian couple in a lot of DC media nowadays makes Harley's "fun size" comment extremely inappropriate and disturbing. Did James Gunn have a hand in writing this?

How the hell did this get approved?!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 22 Dec  2023, 07:09
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 21 Dec  2022, 11:29
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 23 Aug  2020, 00:30The details sound promising, but it's hard to judge anything when all we've seen is a CGI trailer and no gameplay.
Well, that's how I would have handled things. That would have been tasteful and in line with the Arkham Batman we've come to expect. If the leak I read is actually true it's hard to believe this project was greenlit and the creators thought the fanbase would respond positively. It's a game that would piss everyone off in the most extreme way possible by absolutely desecrating the heroes we all love. If that's the case I really do hope people commit to a hard boycott. I'm sick and tired of our 'entertainment' being 'edgy' like this now. I'm not exaggerating when I say this alleged game outline reads like a suicide note.
If you can stomach it, play the video below. After four games this is how the Arkham Batman ends. All those games lead to this.

And all the other heroes in the game get the same treatment.

This is a dumpster fire story that literally pisses on our heroes. What a shocking fall from grace from Rocksteady who can now hang their heads in eternal shame. This isn't canon. It cannot be. Just WHO thought this was a good idea? It's one of the must straight up offensive DC products ever made. I'm also sick and tired of evil Superman and our heroes being taken out on a regular basis. Needless to say I won't be playing this.

Yeah, I saw all the uproar on social media. I won't be playing or supporting this game.

This won't be in my head canon for the Arkham series. What a bummer.  >:(