New Batman: Arkham Game Coming This Year

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 12 Feb 2013, 20:43

Previous topic - Next topic

It looks like it's pretty much a done deal. A third Arkham game will be in our hands this year. You can't imagine how pumped I am about this. 60s Batman, Burton, TAS/Beyond and the Arkhamverse. Those are my highpoints.

Those name registrations were certainly an indicator something was up. I imagine they are some way through developing the game, maybe been at it for a good part of a year. They took their time with Arkham City, and it showed. Now...let the information trickle out!

Later this year? (Possibly Fall, like the previous two games). I really had fingers crossed that "Arkham 3" would be for the current hardware gen, now this seems likely.

I have since discovered Rocksteady won't be involved. That's a big downer.

Just what is it with the third entries in a series?

Of course, I'll wait and see how things develop, but this news makes me cautious.

Hmmm getting a tad greedy aren't they? Just pumping out the Arkham games now. Two was enough. Still a lack of Batman action this year so I guess for some it's good news. I'm more interested in a 60's tv show dvd release or a Hot Toys Batman Returns line.

Rocksteady not being involved makes one cautious indeed. Still, the studio was unproven before Asylum (they had one good game under their belt) so a change of guard isn't necessarily a bad thing, if Rocksteady is busy with other things and can't be involved. There's precedent of developers taking over franchises created by someone else with the results being good. I don't think Warner would do rushed and stupid things with a series as profitable as Arkham - at least they get their games (Mortal Kombat 2011 included) right.

One thing, if work hasn't started since at least 2012 (Rocksteady had done a basic outline for City while Asylum was still WIP), a 2013 release is impossible, seeing this news I assumed that was the case.

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Thu, 14 Feb  2013, 22:10
Hmmm getting a tad greedy aren't they? Just pumping out the Arkham games now. Two was enough.
If products are quality, the more the merrier. We need more information about this before passing true judgement. We've got bare bones at the moment. For example if the AA/AC gameplay template is followed, things are pretty much half way there.

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Thu, 14 Feb  2013, 22:10
I'm more interested in a 60's tv show dvd release or a Hot Toys Batman Returns line.
In terms of existing material, indeed, those are big on my radar. Love BR but the 60s show getting an official release takes precedence. Toys and the like are spin-offs. Its the footage itself that matters.

Well then, anyone that cares will probably know more when the actual next gen systems by Sony and MS are unveiled.

I think this is a little too soon, we have batman in the injustice game this year and it's also meaning less than 10 months of development (compared to the amount for AC) and the next gen coming.