The Batman Chronicles

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 24 Jan 2013, 17:00

Previous topic - Next topic
The Batman Chronicles rock. Every Batman comic ever written on chronological order? I'm sold. The colors and quality are great, it's a great series to have. The only problem is that they are getting a little hard to find lately, does anyone know a spot that sells Vol. 2 at a decent price? The clowns on Amazon thought it would be funny to price it over $100, but the best I could find online was in the $20 price range, which is still a bit high.

I'm having the same problem. I only own Volume One and I'd love to collect the subsequent compilations, but a lot of them are out-of-print now and quite pricey.
Even the greatest masterpiece has its flaws.

I don't understand why they don't keep them in print.

Shopping around on Black Friday, I always keep these issues in mind. Well, I found Vol. 2 at last. It's a little beat up, but the inside pages are preserved; got it used for $23 + discounts. Despite the fact that this should only retail for max. $15 (as it states on the back), I was still very excited to get this one. Just look at these clowns on Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1401207901/ref=olp_tab_all
(Please observe the "like new" copy for $164).

I'm just glad to have this one in the collection; early appearances of Catwoman and Joker are here and so is Clayface's first appearance, as well as a New York World's Fair appearance. Vol. 2 is by far the hardest to find, and it boggles the mind; they go against their own philosophy:
QuoteDC Comics is proud to present this second definitive and affordable collection of Batman's adventures.
A great idea, but never acted on. Meanwhile, Vol. 1 actually got reprinted; I saw it in the newer comic book store.