Hot Toys Batman Returns - release date?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 00:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Sun, 20 Jan  2013, 20:44
I really like the design of the boxes for Batman and The Joker. The all purple box obviously for The Joker and the yellow one for Batman (matching the yellow/gold end title credits of the movie). For Batman Returns I'd like a black and white box colour scheme to match the sequels two main colours. If they decide to do another variation on those Bat Signals included with the box it's obvious for The Penguin they have to use the "Cobblepot for Mayor" campaign logo.
Good call.

I like the grey Penguin outfit, but the suit with top hat offers more visually in terms of a figure.

A full size Batwing would be just amazing. It challenges the Batmobile as my favourite vehicle design. Really good stuff.
Just imagine something like this but bigger.

The fact Joker shot it down and it has less airtime has given it a mythic, tragic feeling. To me at least.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 22 Jan  2013, 12:34
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Sun, 20 Jan  2013, 20:44
I really like the design of the boxes for Batman and The Joker. The all purple box obviously for The Joker and the yellow one for Batman (matching the yellow/gold end title credits of the movie). For Batman Returns I'd like a black and white box colour scheme to match the sequels two main colours. If they decide to do another variation on those Bat Signals included with the box it's obvious for The Penguin they have to use the "Cobblepot for Mayor" campaign logo.
Good call.

I like the grey Penguin outfit, but the suit with top hat offers more visually in terms of a figure.

A full size Batwing would be just amazing. It challenges the Batmobile as my favourite vehicle design. Really good stuff.
Just imagine something like this but bigger.

The fact Joker shot it down and it has less airtime has given it a mythic, tragic feeling. To me at least.

And lest I forget Catwoman's "Bat Signal" accessory feature could be the Max Schreck "Cat logo" of his company.

What's great about the first two Batman's is that you can identify them merely through their colour schemes. With the original you obviously have the purples of The Joker (also the multi-coloured paints in the museum scene and even his costume) but the thing everyone remembers is the gold colour tone (perfect choice for what I still believe and always will is the best Batman film). The gold was featured of course on the memorable posters shown on marquees but then you have the black/gold look of Batman's costume in his belt and insignia. And like I said the gold titles and end credits. Batman Returns being a darker film and set at Christmas was all blacks and whites. From The Penguin and Catwoman's (in posters at least for her) white skin to their black costumes. Hot toys seem to have recalled this in their box art so I hope they'll continue the trend.

My mum bought me the Batwing from Toy Biz when I was a kid and she completely despises the bug-like new flying vehicle The Bat. She thinks it looks like crap lol Can't say I blame her. It's action sequence is nice but I still can't believe there are actually Nolan buffs who claim the Keaton Batwing is a laughable design. I mean...what. Are these people not insane? How can a sharp, dynamic Bat-like aircraft be a terrible thing compared to a silly lady-bird like...thing. With "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" propeller's too! I don't really care they shot The Bat for real or not compared to the models Derek Meddings built to represent the Batwing. That means nothing to me. The Bat is the best proof Nolan's concepts for Batman do not always work as certain fans wish to believe. I'll even go so far as to state the vehicles in Batman Forever were far more exciting designs compared to The Bat.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 22 Jan  2013, 12:34

Does anyone actually own one of those $1500 Batwing statues?  That's too expensive, even for me!

That's the thing - it's one thing to be able to afford such items, but it's still $1500 or thereabouts. I can really psych myself up at times about buying something, but then think "I think I'd rather have the $1500 in my pocket".

For $1500 it would have to be screen used for me!

I think Hot Toys dropped the ball on the Returns figures.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Quote from: Batman88 on Fri, 25 Jan  2013, 12:24
I think Hot Toys dropped the ball on the Returns figures.

I'll be devastated if they have. Frankly I'm insulted if Hot Toys cops out on a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman but is happy to release an Anne Hathaway version. What's the world coming to?

I made a choice to grab Jack Nicholson's figure in case that went and I'm kinda glad I did at the moment if Returns never materializes.

It is frustrating. Much as I enjoy the Alien and Predator movies I do get fed up of seeing them constantly being made by various companies. And Terminator stuff also. Enough already. Or at least make some human based characters like the Nostromo crew for example. How many Xenomorph do we really need?

There was a brief update on the Returns Hot Toys figures the other month on their Facebook page. Can't find the link now but trust me a question on the matter was FINALLY answered. The boss of the company announced they were still coming but either next year 2015 or even 2016. Knowing this company's tendency for superb detail, steep prices and garbage release schedules, it'll be the latter year for sure. Rights issues may have prevented their release thus far.

However some previously announced figures have now been cancelled. Plans to release a "Smooth Criminal" version of Michael Jackson have officially been canned due to apparent intervention by his family's estate. So things can still go down faster than the Titantic.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Tue, 29 Apr  2014, 20:18
There was a brief update on the Returns Hot Toys figures the other month on their Facebook page. Can't find the link now but trust me a question on the matter was FINALLY answered. The boss of the company announced they were still coming but either next year 2015 or even 2016. Knowing this company's tendency for superb detail, steep prices and garbage release schedules, it'll be the latter year for sure. Rights issues may have prevented their release thus far.

However some previously announced figures have now been cancelled. Plans to release a "Smooth Criminal" version of Michael Jackson have officially been canned due to apparent intervention by his family's estate. So things can still go down faster than the Titantic.
If I had the cash I'd love to commission someone to make a whole 'Batman Returns' set of toys featuring the entire main cast.

I once saw a 'Sugar' from 'Batman Forever' custom Barbie doll online and it looked awesome.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i'm still wondering if mattel is putting theirs out. i would love to have a hot toys catwoman when they come out but they are a bit out of my price range lol.