Hot Toys Batman Returns - release date?

Started by Bobthegoon89, Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 00:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok. Any idea when these babies are due? Or anyone have an update of them like prototype photos online? Hot Toys make quality stuff but I now know they are notorious for release dates. Oh the nightmare I had trying to get that Keaton figure. We're told these are out late 2012, I like to think they are being released for the anniversary.

So far though we still have zip information. If pics don't turn up soon what are the chances of them arriving by the end of the year? I'd love to get one for Christmas to mark the anniversary.

I'm hoping the Penguin will be presented in his "Things change" scene garb. But is that too much detail to ask for? I mean that costume is hard to copy in figure form.

I know fans are going crazy about a Hathaway Catwoman figure coming up. Personally I'm saving my money for the main event. You just know that Pffeifer one is going to blast her's off the shelf lol

Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 01:01 #1 Last Edit: Tue, 21 Aug 2012, 01:03 by Kyle Grey
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Tue, 21 Aug  2012, 00:04

I know fans are going crazy about a Hathaway Catwoman figure coming up. Personally I'm saving my money for the main event. You just know that Pffeifer one is going to blast her's off the shelf lol

I'm right with you. I've opted over the years to get that custom figure I see on ebay all the time. I probably should have when it was like $80...now it's around $300. I wish they would start pre order for these so I can ensure getting one. That would be like the "holy grail" of my Catwoman collection!

Here's the custom one:

"I don't know about youy Miss Kitty, but I feel...soo much yummier!"

That is amazing work considering it was done by a fan! If this looks this good imagine what the genuine article will be like.

I'm starting to worry a little. We were told Batman Returns was coming out late 2012. It's getting later and I aint seen no preview pictures. I think Hot Toys are no doubt going to push back the date until next year. I really wanna get one this Christmas. It annoyed me they planned to release Keaton and Nicholson's figures so soon after last Christmas. Kinda strapped for cash in New Year's.

I'm scheming at the moment to acquire one as unlike some fans I don't regularly buy Hot Toys. Where they get the money from to buy whole series of figures I don't know. I only became interested when they finally made the greatest Batman figures ever (1989 movie). Presently Nicholson's Joker is at my local comic store. Nobody has bought yet and I'm praying it remains in that glass case until December lol I know I'm the only person in my city to buy the Keaton Batman as they've never recieved another figure in stock after the sale. However if the Returns figures are released by then or previewed I face the dilemma of choosing one of the three villains (Joker, Catwoman or Penguin).

Hot toys for the love of God get those preview pics out already!!!

Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Mon,  3 Sep  2012, 18:21
That is amazing work considering it was done by a fan! If this looks this good imagine what the genuine article will be like.

I'm starting to worry a little. We were told Batman Returns was coming out late 2012. It's getting later and I aint seen no preview pictures. I think Hot Toys are no doubt going to push back the date until next year. I really wanna get one this Christmas. It annoyed me they planned to release Keaton and Nicholson's figures so soon after last Christmas. Kinda strapped for cash in New Year's.

I'm scheming at the moment to acquire one as unlike some fans I don't regularly buy Hot Toys. Where they get the money from to buy whole series of figures I don't know. I only became interested when they finally made the greatest Batman figures ever (1989 movie). Presently Nicholson's Joker is at my local comic store. Nobody has bought yet and I'm praying it remains in that glass case until December lol I know I'm the only person in my city to buy the Keaton Batman as they've never recieved another figure in stock after the sale. However if the Returns figures are released by then or previewed I face the dilemma of choosing one of the three villains (Joker, Catwoman or Penguin).

I feel you. I was quite impressed with the Anne Hathaway Catwoman figure I just saw pictures for. Buuuut, she just doesn't grab me the same way Michelle does. I admit I went out and bought all the Catwoman memorabilia & figures I could find for this movie, but now that I look at em, I realize "why didn't I just save my $?" So I may end up just selling it. Not to mention I still have a crap load of BR merchandise I need to get rid of. Buttons, Mugs, lithographs, figures, flashlights, keychains the list goes on! I would gladly trade it all for the HT Michelle figure!

Quote from: Kyle Grey on Tue,  4 Sep  2012, 06:09
Quote from: Bobthegoon89 on Mon,  3 Sep  2012, 18:21

I feel you. I was quite impressed with the Anne Hathaway Catwoman figure I just saw pictures for. Buuuut, she just doesn't grab me the same way Michelle does. I admit I went out and bought all the Catwoman memorabilia & figures I could find for this movie, but now that I look at em, I realize "why didn't I just save my $?" So I may end up just selling it. Not to mention I still have a crap load of BR merchandise I need to get rid of. Buttons, Mugs, lithographs, figures, flashlights, keychains the list goes on! I would gladly trade it all for the HT Michelle figure!

Do you happen to have Keaton's Batman's t-shirts ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I have one. it has all 3 characters one BR, but it's a Large I think, or XL.

Quote from: Kyle Grey on Wed,  5 Sep  2012, 21:14
I have one. it has all 3 characters one BR, but it's a Large I think, or XL.

Could you send me a PM with a picture of it ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Any news? It's now almost Dec! I hate for this to be a let down

Quote from: Kyle Grey on Tue, 27 Nov  2012, 07:23
Any news? It's now almost Dec! I hate for this to be a let down
Nothing yet.

Anybody think Dark Knight Rises figures got in the way of the Returns original release?

Hot Toys has missed out big time on the movie's 20th Anniversary. I emailed the site asking for a full release date and got no reply for my trouble. Twats! lol

I'm gonna go for the Nicholson Joker figure now with Christmas approaching. Let's hope they haven't cancelled the Batman Returns line however.