Super Power Beat Down

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 8 Jul 2012, 18:09

Previous topic - Next topic
This is quite entertaining.

Obviously I wanted the 89 to win..but I'm glad the 66 won  ;)

Oddly enough, this isn't the first time representatives from the '66 and '89 franchises raced each other.

Quote2 BATMEN DUKE IT OUT ON SKI SLOPES

It was Batman vs. Batman, Adam West vs. Michael Keaton, in a highlight of the fifth annual Johnnie Walker Duchin Cup Celebrity Ski Invitational.
West - who played Batman on television and has lived in Ketchum since 1986 - probably knows Baldy better than Keaton, who portrayed the caped crusader in last summer's hit movie. Keaton said before his first run that he last skied Sun Valley a couple of years ago.But Keaton proved the superior schusser on the first of two trips down the mountain, conquering the course in 32.67 seconds compared with West's 33.45 seconds.
In the second heat, Keaton trimmed his time to 31.99. West took a tumble near the top of the run (BAM! OOF!) and had to settle for 40.67. Near the starting gate, rumor had it that the winner of the Keaton-West matchup would face The Joker later on. But neither Jack Nicholson nor Cesar Romero was anywhere to be found.
The Caped Crusaders captured third place, led by Keaton and ex-Olympian Kiki Cutter.
Aldrin's Markernauts - named after a brand of ski bindings - captured first place at Wednesday's race. Terry Palmer, a former pro ski racer, was team captain.
Second place went to the Masquerade Fairies, led by Chuck Ferries, a former Olympian and Ketchum resident who heads ski manufacturer Scott USA.
Other luminaries in attendance included ex-astronaut Buzz Aldrin and actors Clint Eastwood, Janet Leigh and Kim Cattrall.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/82151/2-BATMEN-DUKE-IT-OUT-ON-SKI-SLOPES.html

So I guess that evens the score. We need a tie breaker!

The people behind that Batmobile race video are currently working on a Batman vs. Wolverine fight. Here's one they made for Gandalf vs. Darth Vader.

Presumably they'll film a similar live-action scrap for Batman and Wolverine. We'll have to keep an eye on their channel for when the video is posted.

I'm surprised nobody's commented on this. I thought it was a neat little fan film. It's the first time I've seen a decent live-action version of Wolverine's costume. And the Batsuit has the classic look I'd like to see in the next Batman movie.

I'm bumping this thread now in case anyone missed it back in July.

Thanks for the bump as I missed seeing this. Quite enjoyable.

This highlights why body armour suits ala the movies make a whole lot of sense.

BITS always do nice work with bringing comic characters to life

On a related note, here's a fan video of Batman vs. Captain America.

Here's another Batman-themed episode of Super Power Beat Down from the Bat in the Sun team. This time it's Nightwing vs. Gambit. The fight itself begins at the two minute mark.

Here's the fight scene on its own.

Here's yet another Batman-themed episode of Super Power Beat Down. This time it's Batman vs. Deadpool. This was uploaded last year, but I've only just seen it. It contains some nice Batman 89 references.

And here's the Superman vs. Thor episode.