Injustice: Gods Among Us

Started by Azrael, Sat, 9 Jun 2012, 00:14

Previous topic - Next topic
QuoteWarner Bros. and Netherrealm (the studio that created the awesome 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot) have announced today that they are currently working on a DC Universe fighting game, likely based on the popular Mortal Kombat fighting engine.

Details on the new game are scant, given that E3 is just around the corner. However, we do know that Batman, Superman, The Flash, Solomon Grundy, Harley Quinn and Wonder Woman will be playable characters, and that it will share the decidedly darker tone of the MK reboot.

While the rest of the cast is currently a mystery, you can probably make some educated guesses on who will be present. And if you can't, then just stayed tuned because we're betting Warner Bros will slowly leak each playable character (drip fed, once a week) up to the release.

"With Injustice: Gods Among Us, we are creating an all-new franchise with incredible battles set in the DC Comics Universe," said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. "NetherRealm Studios is the extremely talented team behind the latest Mortal Kombat hit and it is developing a game unlike any other in the fighting genre."

Announcement Trailer

Ed Boon interview
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11oHydkDtis&feature=player_embedded

http://www.gamesradar.com/injustice-gods-among-us-dc-heroes-vs-villains-fighting-game-announced/

Very cool!

Are you able to post this as a news item? I'm away from my PC for the rest of the day :-/

Took me a while to figure how to do it.

Looks good to me! Thanks for that.

one thing i wonder; where is the green lantern?!?!?!

playable Nighwing!

This game looks dark, the flash wont be portrayed as the goofy version.

A funny thought - Batman's relationship with MK is older than 2009's MK vs. DC, it dates back to 1995 and that ill-conceived game by Probe/Acclaim which tried to mix MK fighting mechanics with platforming: Batman Forever ("using the grappling hook is like entering a cheat code").

Also, this isn't the first DCU fighting game, in 1995 there was Justice League: Task Force (the SNES version, different than MD, was developed by none other than Blizzard). However, it promises to be the first good one. If there's one character that hasn't been very lucky with games and there's hardly a title worth playing, even for retro fans, it's Superman.

SilentEnigma, you should write a feature highlighting some of the more obscure, forgotten Batman games. I reckon you know more about the subject than anyone else on the site, and it could make for a really interesting article.

Maybe something can be worked out :)