Burton's Batman 3 fan-comic

Started by Azrael, Mon, 4 Jun 2012, 22:13

Previous topic - Next topic
I suppose most remember a fan-comic that was discussed in the forums some years ago, a few pages of what looked like a "sequel" to Batman Returns.

It was in a painted style, one page featured Mr. Freeze in a location that looked like the Penguin's HQ, and another was a party scene with Bruce and Selina (who had the likeness of Keaton and Pfeiffer). I think it was uploaded in the gallery, but unfortunately it's offline.. I've been looking for the images, does anyone have them?

--------

On the subject of fan sequels, while looking for this artwork, I came across this.

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=357911

I don't know if it's still on, the last post by the guy that started it is dated Nov 2011. Here are the two artworks he posted.

I will post them here tomorrow. Please remind me of I don't...I am away from my PC tonight.

OK, thanks, take your time. The point is they're not "lost" since I remember they were good.

I loved those pics. I'm still in favor of someone taking the time and making the effort toward a comic series, fan or otherwise that continues the Burton era mythos.

Thu, 14 Jun 2012, 00:40 #4 Last Edit: Thu, 14 Jun 2012, 00:42 by SilentEnigma
There have been successful fan sequels in other mediums, especially in games. (Streets of Rage, Sonic the Hedgehog, King's Quest and many more). Now, making a game is different than writing and illustrating a comic, but all of these projects required a lot of time and hard work by a few skilled fans. I think it wouldn't be a stretch to wish for a few talented Batman/Burton fans to gather together and collaborate on such a thing, in the form of an online comic - the results could be fantastic.

Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:29 #5 Last Edit: Fri, 10 May 2013, 10:33 by SilentEnigma

When a fan's love and professional skill are combined.

I've seen this before, and yes, it's brilliant. A good mix of B89 and BR. The interior of the B89 Manor, but with Selina inside it. And of course Mr Freeze and his expressionism giving off the BR aura. The Arkham Asylum artwork style is also top notch.

That fan comic is great work, but is it me or does the Batman in this look too similar to Christian Bale's? I.e. the long, pointy nose and the mask, albeit with longer horns?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei