The Dark Knight Returns animated movie

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 23 May 2012, 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic
^ I think at least some of that owes back to ego running everything in Hollywood. If someone were to recruit Keaton for this, Burton ultimately will get the credit for it. The supposition is that all the casting director will be remembered for in this project is heating up Burton's leftovers. So out with a fan favorite and in with... well, admittedly another fan favorite.

I also think that Keaton still commands a certain level of salary that is probably beyond the budget of this animated flick.

I can't see Peter Weller having the same pull...even if it is a bit of inspired casting!

Sounds like a good adaption overall. I'm looking forward to this more than I was for 'Year One'.

Thu, 27 Sep 2012, 12:37 #25 Last Edit: Wed, 3 Oct 2012, 12:02 by SilentEnigma
Nice...

It is not often I say this about anything current (that is, anything with a post-2000 release date) but... can't wait for Part II. I loved the modern-retro 80s vibe.

Is this worth purchasing ?
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I finally sat down and watched  " year 1 " , " under the red hood " and " the dark knight returns part 1 "   the other night and  I was very impressed with all 3 but this 1 was very very enjoyable