The Dark Knight Returns animated movie

Started by Silver Nemesis, Wed, 23 May 2012, 20:18

Previous topic - Next topic
Here's a new clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38Th4GGesOQ&feature=player_embedded

It looks fun, but I can see what greggbray means about it looking a little too slick. It doesn't have the rough, grimy quality of Miller's artwork. And that makes it seem less edgy.

I understand the criticism but just figured the animators went as close to Miller's (imho overrated) style as they could while keeping it all animation-friendly.

The cop's delivery of that last line is, sadly, lacking compared to the actor who said a similar line in The Dark Knight Rises (though at least in the context of this movie, the line makes sense).

In other news, casting has been revealed for The Dark Knight Returns Part 2, with Human Target's Mark Valley as Superman and Michael Emerson as the Joker!
http://www.tvguide.com/News/Michael-Emerson-Joker-The-Dark-Knight-Returns-1052594.aspx

I love Emerson and I can't wait to hear his interpretation!
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Emerson as the Joker! Now that's an inspired piece of casting.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue,  4 Sep  2012, 21:11
Emerson as the Joker! Now that's an inspired piece of casting.
This is a casting decision I am genuinely excited about.

I find it kind of funny that in the last month the RoboCop world has intertwined with the Batman world with the casting of Keaton in the new RoboCop film and Weller as the new Batman voice.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

I really wanted Michael Keaton to be the voice of Batman in this feature.  I mean seriously,  why couldn't they get him?  Michael has done some animated voice work before (The Simpsons, Cars, Toy Story 3).   At the very least he should have been auditioned for the role. 

Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Sat,  8 Sep  2012, 03:38
I really wanted Michael Keaton to be the voice of Batman in this feature.  I mean seriously,  why couldn't they get him?  Michael has done some animated voice work before (The Simpsons, Cars, Toy Story 3).   At the very least he should have been auditioned for the role.

Can you imagine the publicity!

Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Sat,  8 Sep  2012, 03:38
With these kind of things it like they purposefully avoid it. Looking around for everybody other than the fairytale fan choice who just happens to be sitting around getting older, has history with the character and would no doubt take up the opportunity if asked.