Batman (2011 onwards)

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 2 Sep 2011, 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Discussion on the "Batman" series

Batman #1 was great. Nice start to the series with plenty of mystery.

I liked this one. Probably my favourite of the recent issue 1s. It was accessible without retreading too much familiar ground. I'm really looking forward to seeing where Snyder goes with this run.

It was nice to see a cameo from the Burton Batmobile too.

And the Riddler's new look seems to have been based on Tim Burton's unused design for Batman 3.

Yeah those 2 things really stuck out for me!

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 23 Sep  2011, 20:23
And the Riddler's new look seems to have been based on Tim Burton's unused design for Batman 3.

As neat-o as it is to see a version of the Riddler that is said to be based on a possible unused Burton design, I kinda hope it's just how Greg Capullo chooses to draw him, and not a look that's mandated for other artists to follow. Similar to how the Penguin's appearance goes from classic, to something more Burton-like depending on who's drawing him.

Just never really cared for the IDEA of a shaved question mark. Still not a fan of it when the look is actually presented in a Batman comic either.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Well we are into issue 8 and the Court of the Owls has been building to this point.

The events of Night of the Owls in Batman #8 were pretty intense and I can't wait to pick up the other crossovers in this arc. 3 other titles I get every month but i will have to pick up Nightwing, Batgirl, Red Hood and all the rest! I'm hearing All Star Western has some cool stuff.

Yeeessssssss!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

^ Wow, that's a graphic image.

Looking forward to this.

Also, Tony Daniel is off Detective Comics after issue 12 - John Layman and Jason Fabok are taking over!
http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/07/05/announcing-a-new-writer-and-artist-for-detective-comics

First look of the New 52 Joker.