Batman’s percentage of screen time in each film

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sat, 4 Jun 2011, 01:25

Previous topic - Next topic
Do Batcave scenes with Bruce doing Batman's detective work and eating vichyssoise, count as Batman scenes?

Good question. Hmmm I think more Bruce Wayne clearly. Same as Bruce Wayne researching Bane and Selina in the Batcave in Rises. Hey there's another connection between the two: both researching newspaper headlines on villains in the Batcave lol

However way you look at it the fact is there is more costume action with Batman in Returns than in Rises.

Mon, 28 Jan 2013, 01:20 #12 Last Edit: Mon, 28 Jan 2013, 01:22 by The Dark Knight
In my opinion Batman/Bruce in Rises just sucks more so than any other Batman property.
I love using and emphasizing that sucks word because good ol' Jett throws it around a lot with BR.

First of all, Batman is not in the film enough.

- I like the solitary, brooding aspect of Bruce but his reasons for doing so in the movie are flimsy at best.
- He lets his company go down the tubes.
- Gets his EMP gun shot and fails to stop Bane's stock market heist on the tablet.
- Trusts Tate to take over his company without knowing much of anything about her, she then screws him over.
- Gets beaten to a pulp by Bane.
- Fails to climb the pit numerous times - only to discover he can do it without a massive rope weighing him down.
- Batman trying to save a city from a nuclear device and his friends from imminent death has time to scale a bridge and paint the symbol of a bat with        fuel to announce he is back in town for everyone to see. The bomb should have been detonated right then are there.
- Batman learns nothing from the first Bane fight. He just goes after Bane again front on, and really he should have just been flogged again.
- And what was the point of the second fight scene between Batman and Bane? To find the trigger? Why not just have Batman be the one to put the      transmitter on the transport with the nuke, then take care of the nuke?
- After all his no guns no killing fuss, he kills Talia and her driver.
- Batman only existed for 1 year - then quits.
- Hands the mantle over to a young punk who hasn't shown any promise and wouldn't last a week.
- Fakes his death (for no real reason) and then sits in full public view with a stupid grin as if he's home and hosed.
- His parents are held in higher regard and Bruce Wayne is publicly remembered as a playboy jerk. 

Those are all valid points. Even so, I still managed to enjoy the movie for it's action and the superb acting.

Though I wonder how naive the public is after hearing that both Bruce Wayne and Batman return after 8 years, and then both coincidentally die afterwards.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 01:20In my opinion Batman/Bruce in Rises just sucks more so than any other Batman property.
I love using and emphasizing that sucks word because good ol' Jett throws it around a lot with BR.
Heh heh...

I'm suprised batman has the most. not suprised TDKR has the least. i thought TDKR was great but it wud have been better with more batman time.

i wanna see one film at least have like 50% batman time. i was thinking an arkham asylum type film BUT then i thought how would he turn back into bruce wayne if the whole film was a hold-up at arkham. maybe flashbacks?

Quote from: Slash Man on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 03:03
Those are all valid points. Even so, I still managed to enjoy the movie for it's action and the superb acting.

Though I wonder how naive the public is after hearing that both Bruce Wayne and Batman return after 8 years, and then both coincidentally die afterwards.

Especially when Batman first showed up when Bruce Wayne returned to gotham.

Quote from: Slash Man on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 03:03Though I wonder how naive the public is after hearing that both Bruce Wayne and Batman return after 8 years, and then both coincidentally die afterwards.
Bruce would've been one of many 1%'ers who died when Occupy Gotham took over everything. I don't think the average person in Gotham would necessarily connect Bruce's death with Batman's.

Sun, 24 Mar 2013, 05:58 #18 Last Edit: Sun, 24 Mar 2013, 05:59 by The Laughing Fish
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 23 Mar  2013, 17:19
Quote from: Slash Man on Mon, 28 Jan  2013, 03:03Though I wonder how naive the public is after hearing that both Bruce Wayne and Batman return after 8 years, and then both coincidentally die afterwards.
Bruce would've been one of many 1%'ers who died when Occupy Gotham took over everything. I don't think the average person in Gotham would necessarily connect Bruce's death with Batman's.

Here's the thing, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Bruce have a high public profile in these movies? Especially how vehicles like the Tumbler are developed by his own company? I find it too much of a stretch that nobody could figure out that Bruce and Batman were the same person despite they returned to the spotlight around the same time. Not to mention how they suddenly disappeared and re-appeared and apparently dying at the same time too.

Gotta love Nolan's logic when it comes to applying "realism" in a comic book film.  ::)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 24 Mar  2013, 05:58
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 23 Mar  2013, 17:19

Here's the thing, and you can correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Bruce have a high public profile in these movies? Especially how vehicles like the Tumbler are developed by his own company? I find it too much of a stretch that nobody could figure out that Bruce and Batman were the same person despite they returned to the spotlight around the same time. Not to mention how they suddenly disappeared and re-appeared and apparently dying at the same time too.

Gotta love Nolan's logic when it comes to applying "realism" in a comic book film.  ::)

Rewatching rises for the first time; it's never explained to the general public how Bruce ends up in such poor health. Fox couldn't possibly be the only one in applied sciences, someone else had to have seen that equipment batman used.

I wonder what the breakdown is of the major villains in each film? The worst thing about rises is that plenty of scenes are without batman OR his villains.

Also for forever and batman and robin, I'd assume Robin and Batgirl's screen time are NOT counted as Batman screen time? It's more acceptable for those ones to have less of Batman since the sidekicks are brought in.