My new 89 Costume build for this Halloween.

Started by Batnar, Thu, 7 Oct 2010, 00:59

Previous topic - Next topic
Thu, 7 Oct 2010, 00:59 Last Edit: Thu, 7 Oct 2010, 01:23 by Batnar
Hey brothers. Well, it's that time of the year again. =]

I thought I'd share some webcam shots of my new 89 build. (yes a new one, lol) This year, I'm going all latex. I find that the BD 89 armor in latex fits my frame better than the urethane one since it's shrunk a bit.
I'm just average height, so this stuff fits me a lot better, I think. I'll wait till I piece it all together before really deciding.

I'll update this thread and explain as much as i can to anyone with questions.
The cowl is an RD movie production copy. The cape is one I made last year which will be replaced shortly with an RD cape copy soon. =]

Further note, the torso is a latex Bob Dullam.  I'm still pushing for even more screen accurate appearance so my job is nearly there, in terms of the suit itself. Many many thanks to all the brothers out there who helped me make this happen.

This is really as close as I ever gotten, so far, mostly due to the actual cowl made for the film. I got the rest of the pieces laying on my bed. Just waiting on my under suit so I can mount it all up. =]

Also, last year I really concentrated on the whole Michael Keaton look. But this year, I will have more of Dave Lea in mind. I've been watching the movie and pausing it in many fight scenes. He looks beast! Hope I can manage that look.
So, I have to practice my posture and movements again. I dont just want to be a guy wearing the 89 suit. I want to BE the 89 Batman. *crosses geek fingers* :P

Rock on dudes!
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Thu, 7 Oct 2010, 03:40 #1 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Feb 2011, 04:40 by THE BAT-MAN
Great Pics.  I have always wanted to have both a Batman 89 and Batman Returns 92 replica costume of my very own, but I could never afford it.

Instead,  all I have is the cheap Ruby's Batman Returns Cowl with the crappy velcro seam in the back. 

You are a truly blessed Batman Fan and I wish you well with your continued work in perfecting the suit.

So let's say you're willing to spend a considerable amount of money. Aside from hiring your own personal costume designer, where would one go to get a decent Batman costume?

Quite frankly, this isn't going to work for me:

Absolutely fantastic work Nar. Your place is starting to look like Pinewood in 1989!

*Is still amassing evidence that Batnar is some sort of cross dimensional being*

Bruce...is it you...?

On a serious note, I expect lots of pics from your exploits this year, including all the ones where women get nasty on or around you as Batman. You got ALOT of that last year lol!

Excellent work Batnar, and man..you look alot like Keaton!