Cool look at Batman over the years

Started by Grissom, Thu, 2 Sep 2010, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  8 Sep  2010, 15:35
wouldn't walking on two legs and having two arms and a human like body make him a batMAN anyway?

No, he'd be Manbat.  ;)

Wed, 8 Sep 2010, 17:34 #22 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Feb 2011, 04:43 by THE BAT-MAN
I wasn't dissing the original look.  I was just considering Bruce's concept of becoming a Bat. The purpose for the look of Batman is to inflict fear and terror in the hearts of criminals.  Bruce does this by becoming a creature of the night, a Bat.  I don't necessarily believe that applying black war paint on his face would take away his Human aspects.  It would only enhance his desire to personify the image of a Bat.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Wed,  8 Sep  2010, 17:24
Quote from: Catwoman on Wed,  8 Sep  2010, 15:35
wouldn't walking on two legs and having two arms and a human like body make him a batMAN anyway?

No, he'd be Manbat.  ;)

smartass. ::)

As someone mentioned about Nolans 'real world' aspect on his Batman films. I think that aspect on the Batman universe is ridiculas in ways. Batman is a fantasy to me, a man dressing up as a bat to fight crime. It came from comic books.

So the whole idea about making a functioning bat-suit is ridiculas. Its a film, and illusion, fake. It doesnt have to work in the real world. It just has to look good and intimadate like a previous poster said.

Like Frank Miller once said "I don't want to see Supermans sweat patches, I want to see him fly!"

Someone should tell Nolan that.

Great post, Joker81. I feel the same way. For all the effort they went to, all they gave was one piece of dialogue about it anway. And after that, we're still stuck with this aesthetically inferior Robo Bat for the rest of the film.

Quote from: Joker81 on Wed,  8 Sep  2010, 21:49
As someone mentioned about Nolans 'real world' aspect on his Batman films. I think that aspect on the Batman universe is ridiculas in ways. Batman is a fantasy to me, a man dressing up as a bat to fight crime. It came from comic books.

So the whole idea about making a functioning bat-suit is ridiculas. Its a film, and illusion, fake. It doesnt have to work in the real world. It just has to look good and intimadate like a previous poster said.

Like Frank Miller once said "I don't want to see Supermans sweat patches, I want to see him fly!"

Someone should tell Nolan that.

i agree!

i like the batman movies that don't take themselves quite so seriously and that are a little more fantasy like. not too fantasy like batman fighting space aliens or vampires unless he's stomping those sparkly fags (lol) but you get what i mean.

don't you? :-\

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu,  9 Sep  2010, 11:05
i like the batman movies that don't take themselves quite so seriously and that are a little more fantasy like. not too fantasy like batman fighting space aliens or vampires unless he's stomping those sparkly fags (lol) but you get what i mean.
Good point. There is a difference. B89 and BR are dark in nature, but they do not take themselves seriously. They're not self important like BB and TDK. B89 and BR have a breezy, classic feel that are purpose built for repeat viewing.

B'89 suit is definitely at the top. Here, I'm going to rank them.

B'89
BR
BB
"Panther" suit
TDK
Clooney

I was so disappointed with the TDK suit. It looked flatout aweful.