Cool look at Batman over the years

Started by Grissom, Thu, 2 Sep 2010, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  7 Sep  2010, 15:06
they may not be the best movies but the costumes in batman forever and batman and robin are the smartest. the belt matches the rest of the suit. why if you're trying to hide in the shadows would you have a BRIGHT YELLOW BELT!? not to mention the chest thing! and yet in those two movies where the belt and chest thing blend in, batman is like a public figure. dumbasses. lol.

and my favorite is the one in batman returns. maybe because i would like to rub my claws all along it myself.  ;)

What the bright silver ones with the nipples are the 'smartest'?!?  Not to mention Robin's bright red and green costume. 
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  7 Sep  2010, 15:19
Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  7 Sep  2010, 15:06
they may not be the best movies but the costumes in batman forever and batman and robin are the smartest. the belt matches the rest of the suit. why if you're trying to hide in the shadows would you have a BRIGHT YELLOW BELT!? not to mention the chest thing! and yet in those two movies where the belt and chest thing blend in, batman is like a public figure. dumbasses. lol.

and my favorite is the one in batman returns. maybe because i would like to rub my claws all along it myself.  ;)

What the bright silver ones with the nipples are the 'smartest'?!?  Not to mention Robin's bright red and green costume. 

wasn't his costume all along bright red and green? and i meant the main costumes.

Quote from: gordonblu on Tue,  7 Sep  2010, 04:15
Plus the design of the chest in the TDK suit makes it look like he's wearing a bra!
Reminds me of one fan who reacted to the TDK suit by paraphrasing Christian Bale's MTV Movie Awards acceptance speech: "I want to thank [Chris Nolan] for getting rid of those bloody nipples...and giving him a bra instead."
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

The Panther and Sonar suits from Forever are my favorites.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue,  7 Sep  2010, 14:28
Once again, it all comes down to Burton's interest in creating an aesthetically superior Batman in contrast to Nolan's interest in presenting a more credible Batman.
Exactly. Burton's suits are superior in terms of pure aesthetics. And that is all it comes down to. In all seriousness, for a film, Batman just has to look good and intimidating.

We don't need to be told that Batman can or can't turn his head. We don't need backstories into the mechanics of the suit. It just has to be an 'image', if you know what I mean. The viewer can make it be what they want and it's not explicity commented on.

Wed, 8 Sep 2010, 04:29 #15 Last Edit: Mon, 21 Feb 2011, 04:42 by THE BAT-MAN
Speaking of looks.  Why doesn't Batman completely cover his face with black war paint?   He already applies  black makeup for his eyes.  You would think, a look like that would help even more with his Bat Image.  Consider the following:

A. Blends his mask more with his face

B. Makes it harder for people to recognize him.

C. Causes more fear in the hearts of criminals

D. Makes him appear more supernatural.

E. Helps him to remain hidden in the shadows.

Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Wed,  8 Sep  2010, 04:29
Speaking of looks.  Why doesn't Batman completely cover his face with black war paint?   He already applies  black makeup for his eyes.  You would think, a look like that would help even more with his Bat Image.  Consider the following:

A. Blends his mask more with his face

B. Makes it harder for people to reconize him.

C. Causes more fear in the hearts of criminals

D. Makes him appear more supernatural.

E. Helps him to remain hidden in the shadows.

but you forgot f.

f. makes him look like he gave an exhaust pipe a blowjob if he tries to reveal himself to the love of his life to keep her from making what he thinks is a big, big mistake.

:P

They are valid points, but I think it comes down to the name of the character. Batman. The visible facial flesh immediately has human connotations. Say, in the cathedral fight we have Batman with blood on his exposed face. I connect to that image. I for one wouldn't have it any other way. It just looks right.

Exactly, Dark Knight, it indeed looks just right.  ;)

wouldn't walking on two legs and having two arms and a human like body make him a batMAN anyway?