Cool look at Batman over the years

Started by Grissom, Thu, 2 Sep 2010, 18:23

Previous topic - Next topic
http://www.barnorama.com/batman-evolution/

Still gotta love Keaton's Bat and the older grey suit from the old serial.

You know the suit from Burtons original Batman is still my favourite. Returns is more refined, but I like the animal/human look of the first film.

Returns is a close second.

Not fond of Nolans Batsuits, never was. Too japanese or robotic looking.

The Keaton batsuits always were #1 for me, with a slightly more liking for the Returns suit, b/c of the cowl & bat symbol.

The Panther suit comes second, despite the nipples (which I find to be more subtle than the Clooney batsuit), & the grey one from the 1943 serial is pretty accurate to the Bob Kane Batman designs of the 1930's/40's.

The rest are meh, looking either looking too silly (the West suit, Clooney suits) or too robotic (the Bale suits).

I will always love and prefer the Keaton's batsuit, especially the one from "89. I don't know, I was thinking that when WB has the ability to do something new with the franchise I wouldn't mind seeing the grey suit on screen in a sort of retro-type Batman movie, but not campy, very bad-ass.  ;D

Quote from: Grissom on Fri,  3 Sep  2010, 15:51
I don't know, I was thinking that when WB has the ability to do something new with the franchise I wouldn't mind seeing the grey suit on screen in a sort of retro-type Batman movie, but not campy, very bad-ass.  ;D

Yeah, they should base the film on the 1930's pre-Robin Detective Comics with giant monsters, vampires & what not, with Burton at the helm of course.

I really like the first Nolan suit (despite the thick neck that, combined with the "horns", makes him look like a bull), but I hated the TDK one from the first moment. In the film it looks OK, but when you see it in stills, it's silly. Like a special forces rugby player with two horns on his helmet and a cape.

I agree the suits worn by Keaton look the best - and the ice cream suit worn by Clooney the most ridiculous.

Plus the design of the chest in the TDK suit makes it look like he's wearing a bra!
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Nice still. It does look a little too X-games but I guess I still like it. Remember things change over the years, just like the suit in Batman Reuturns was a little different from the one in '89.

There is an animalistic, brute quality to the suit that should remain though, no matter who brings Batman to the screen.

Once again, it all comes down to Burton's interest in creating an aesthetically superior Batman in contrast to Nolan's interest in presenting a more credible Batman.  Whilst Burton's Batman costumes are much better looking, Nolan's costumes are designed for functionality within a 'real-world' setting.

For what it's worth, the 'organic'-looking pitch black Batman costume of the first Burton Batman film is by far my favourite.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

they may not be the best movies but the costumes in batman forever and batman and robin are the smartest. the belt matches the rest of the suit. why if you're trying to hide in the shadows would you have a BRIGHT YELLOW BELT!? not to mention the chest thing! and yet in those two movies where the belt and chest thing blend in, batman is like a public figure. dumbasses. lol.

and my favorite is the one in batman returns. maybe because i would like to rub my claws all along it myself.  ;)