Batman Exhibit Peterson Auto Museum Los Angeles

Started by Dhennick99, Wed, 11 Aug 2010, 09:24

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 11 Aug 2010, 09:24 Last Edit: Wed, 11 Aug 2010, 09:40 by Dhennick99

Awhile back during the live chat and viewing of Batman '89 I mentioned there was a screen-used costume and Batmobile here in LA. They've had the car on loan or in storage for over a year. I went by the museum today and was delighted to see the exhibit was back. I shot some video and took what pictures I could before kids and tourists rushed by to ruin my shots. Here is a video I put together of what I was able to gather.

-Pause the video when I pan down to the information marker. The costume is one of two surviving screen used, and the cowl is the last. Everything is original except for the spear gun which is cast from the original molds. It was very cool to see the Nike trainers and detail up close.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=&release=107884642

They also had the Batcycle from the Adam West film, and a scale model of the West Batmobile. But I was there for the Burton props.

D. Hennick

It looks a little worse for wear, but never the less...I would love to be in the same room as that thing!

Great pic!!

Is the cowl from the finale? The left ear (rhs) looks split at the top where it was in the film, and its damaged over the left eye?

Then again it could just be from wear and tear!!

I would love to see that in person.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Very cool stuff!!!  Thank you for this!!   :) :)

Was that an original Batmobile or was that a replica?  I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference anymore between the real thing and the replicas.  What did the information marker say?  If I didn't think I would set off too many alarms, I would loved to reach over and just touch that suit.  That would be a dream come true!

Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 06:53 #5 Last Edit: Thu, 12 Aug 2010, 07:00 by Dhennick99
Quote from: Tarzan1941 on Thu, 12 Aug  2010, 02:31
Very cool stuff!!!  Thank you for this!!   :) :)

Was that an original Batmobile or was that a replica?  I'll be honest, I can't tell the difference anymore between the real thing and the replicas.  What did the information marker say?  If I didn't think I would set off too many alarms, I would loved to reach over and just touch that suit.  That would be a dream come true!

- Here's a picture of that info marker. It was a studio authorized reproduction for promotional purposes. Similar to those at the six flags theme parks.

I reached over and touched both the suit and the car. There is a beeping, but it stops when you pull your hand away. I had to take my chances of being thrown out to touch that piece of history.

I would've included this picture in the video, but it didn't turn out. The glare is from the display lights hanging from the ceiling above the Batmobile.
D. Hennick

Thank you for the clarification!

You are a lucky man!  So, how did the suit feel?

i did the warner bros studio tour in about 2002 and they had a few movie batsuits lined up with big DO NOT TOUCH signs beside them - HAD to tie my shoes though and "accidentally" touch the bat boot on my way down

then i saw the clooney suit next to it and i was like whatever!!

cool stuff thanks for the pic and video

That is truly great stiff there, to be in the room with those screen used items would be a great delight to me.

I just wonder if I'm worthy to touch them?  ;D