Batman: Under the Red Hood

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 9 Jul 2010, 20:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Can't believe I never responded to this thread...

Under the Red Hood is up there with Mask of the Phantasm as one of my favorite Batman films.  If I could change one thing, it'd be that Jason Todd's Robin costume would've stayed with the traditional look when he got older in the movie (instead of adopting the Tim Drake suit), so that the shot of Batman holding his body in the beginning would've stuck closer to the iconic image from A Death in the Family.

Other than that, it's got some great emotional scenes for Bruce/Batman, a lot of memorable Joker moments, and one hell of a third act.  The final conflict is so raw, emotional, and personal.  Everything from the Batman vs. Jason fight scene to the confrontation with Joker to the quiet flashback ending- "This is the best day of my life..."- has got to be my favorite ending of any Batman film.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

i saw this last year finally. i liked it. it was sad but wonderful

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 04:14i saw this last year finally. i liked it. it was sad but wonderful
No you didn't. Stop lying.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 04:28
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 04:14i saw this last year finally. i liked it. it was sad but wonderful

ok have you like taken over for the dark knight as being the designated "be an asshole to catwoman" person? because its getting very old.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 05:25
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 04:28

ok have you like taken over for the dark knight as being the designated "be an asshole to catwoman" person? because its getting very old.

Get a room.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 05:25ok have you like taken over for the dark knight as being the designated "be an asshole to catwoman" person? because its getting very old.
TDK, wherever he is, would probably say that he and I have a gentleman's agreement to take turns.

I, however, would simply say I don't know what you're talking about and change the subject. Speaking of which, did you see this?

It's a Facebook cover you (or anyone) can use. Made and uploaded it meself.

Man what is with everyone ganging up on catwoman here?I mean she can get snippy at times i won't lie but does that mean she deserves the hate?Jeez just leave her alone already.  >:(
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Quote from: BatmanFanatic93 on Sun, 14 Apr  2013, 11:30
Man what is with everyone ganging up on catwoman here?I mean she can get snippy at times i won't lie but does that mean she deserves the hate?Jeez just leave her alone already.  >:(

I agree.

Sat, 5 Jun 2021, 12:19 #28 Last Edit: Sat, 5 Jun 2021, 12:21 by The Dark Knight
I flipped through the comic and came to the conclusion my enjoyment of it rivals TDK Returns.

We have:

A foe who knows Batman's every move and matches him physically, giving great action sequences.
A foe who has an intimate history with Batman, giving a level of emotion that is hard to beat.
A foe who forces Batman to justify his methods, giving interesting philosophical debate.

In terms of a fully developed cast of allies apart from Alfred all I really need are Nightwing, Oracle, Robin and Red Hood. I have embraced Red Hood's existence as a key event in Batman's career just as much as Knightfall. I really like what it brings to the table.

I enjoy the trauma of having to confront a past believed to be long buried, and the way Batman processes that. At first he doesn't believe and puts in the time to investigate. When he accepts the truth, the way he holds onto past memories rather than the present gives me goosebumps.

This page below and its accompanying dialogue has particularly stuck with me: