Batman: Under the Red Hood

Started by Paul (ral), Fri, 9 Jul 2010, 20:45

Previous topic - Next topic
Woah, awesome, looks like I'll be picking them up now, thanks  ;D

Not to double post, but I've seen it, watched it at a mates last night, he found it some how, so I had too;

- Its really dark, with little to no humor to it
- Really good story
- Pretty damn violent, and at one specific part very violent, so I'd reccommend actually watching it first before showing any younger one's
- I actually liked the voice of Batman, the guy who done it in Crisis On Two Earths, I hated, made Batman sound like an 80 year old, but this guy was really good, no Conroy, but good none-the-less

Entertaining for what it is but, like most of those animated DTV features by DC, nothing special. Gotham Knight is still the best post-TAS animated Batman, and I'd love to see something similar in the future.

Quote from: silenig on Sun, 18 Jul  2010, 03:17
Entertaining for what it is but, like most of those animated DTV features by DC, nothing special. Gotham Knight is still the best post-TAS animated Batman, and I'd love to see something similar in the future.

Really?  I thought that GK was awful, I only liked one of the story's, the Deadshot one, all the otehr one's were just pointless IMO

Quote from: Seantastic on Sun, 18 Jul  2010, 08:30
Quote from: silenig on Sun, 18 Jul  2010, 03:17

Really?  I thought that GK was awful, I only liked one of the story's, the Deadshot one, all the otehr one's were just pointless IMO

So you didn't like In Darkness Dwells...?  :)

Just saw an ad for this on marvel.com.  ;D

Must be REALLY good. Can't wait to see it.

Saw it recently as well and I must say I really liked it, the animation was mostly reminiscent of TAS, the action was intense and the story was very good. I'll rank it in the top three of Batman animated movies.

Caught this again last night. Quite a while between my last viewing, and it's still pretty good I must say. The action sequences are well done, although I would've preferred Nightwing's quips to be toned down a notch. Would've like more Joker, but what we got was good enough.

The best piece of dialogue was given by The Joker: "You did it! You found a way to win AND EVERYBODY STILL LOSES!"

Summarises a perfect Batman hollow victory finale. Joker's alive, but he lost his ultimate victory to die with Batman and Jason. And will be out to get that chance again. Batman stopped Jason, but he is potentially dead from the explosion and if alive, would have greater resentment towards him. And Batman is alive, but has to carry more mental weight. It's all back at the beginning, and is going to be worse the next time around. These incidents just build and build on top of each other, and become more personal.

This was a very good story i was compelled by it , its very dark but truly cool and as someone who hasnt been very consistant with the comics its an easier way to learn the origins !!!

I saw this movie two years ago, and I saw it again two nights ago. My reaction remained the same: it's great!  8)

I thought the story between Jason Todd's death, revival and reveal were juggled very well, the whole movie had this sense of very good pacing, I thought the secondary characters like Nightwing and Ra's al Ghul served their purpose to the story just right and didn't feel like I had to see more of them. I liked how Black Mask kept punching his own henchmen in the face out of frustration.  ;D It felt like he was the comic relief instead of Joker, but I didn't mind that.

One thing that does make me want to nick-pick though is Batman's fear of killing the Joker would suddenly make him afraid of becoming an unstoppable mass-murderer (at least that's what I thought). I also thought the voice for the Joker didn't match, except for the deranged laughter.

Nonetheless it was very well told - luckily they managed adapting two or three stories without making it drag on. Another thing, I reckon Bruce Greenwood is just as good as Kevin Conroy.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei