Comics in which Batman kills

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 8 Jul 2010, 17:01

Previous topic - Next topic
It's all evidence for the prosecution for when Bruce Wayne is finally brought to justice  >:(

In TDK Rises Batman shoots the bomb truck with The Bat, killing the driver.

It's not alright to fire a handgun, but it's alright to fire machine guns strapped on a flying vehicle.

So when are the Nolan lovers going to say there ARE situations when lethal force (intentional or not) is required?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 12 Jul  2012, 16:17
It's all evidence for the prosecution for when Bruce Wayne is finally brought to justice  >:(

Only for a prosecution initiated by Harvey Dent - that is, the post-"accident" Harvey Dent.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 31 Jul  2012, 08:01

It's not alright to fire a handgun, but it's alright to fire machine guns strapped on a flying vehicle.

So when are the Nolan lovers going to say there ARE situations when lethal force (intentional or not) is required?
If the deaths of Ra's and Two Face aren't going to make them do it, I can't imagine anything being good enough.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 31 Jul  2012, 15:32
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 31 Jul  2012, 08:01

If the deaths of Ra's and Two Face aren't going to make them do it, I can't imagine anything being good enough.
Indeed. And destroying the monastery in BB.

I don't even know where to begin with this movie. There are so many plot holes and curiosities in it.

Maybe it's because the trilogy is over but I'm coming to a place of acceptance about Nolan's movies. Perfect? Not even close. But parts of them are good, it's still Batman when you come down to it and there's room for everybody. No, I'll probably never hold the Nolan stuff in as high a regard as I do the comics, the Burton movies or TAS. But at the same rate, at least he didn't do more B&R nonsense.

I do wish the series didn't informally have that pretentious "The Dark Knight Trilogy" moniker though.

Oh well, bring on the reboot!

Sun, 23 Sep 2012, 11:06 #27 Last Edit: Sun, 23 Sep 2012, 15:39 by Silver Nemesis
I was just browsing the web and I came across this thread: http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1694257
Notice how the user djthefunkchris just copied and pasted the first post from this thread, then claimed that he came up with all those references himself.

QuoteAdam's right, I overdid it. I honestly didn't even realise how many I found.. I was just trying to find one per year, but it grew.

Must have been hard work finding all those references.  >:(

A few years back long before there was a forum on the site, probably about 2004, there was a carbon copy of this site except the copycat had put a new banner at the top with his name on it!

That's terrible. How did they think they'd get away with ripping off an entire site?

Seems like the internet has made plagiarism easier than ever.