The Batman

Started by Paul (ral), Sun, 4 Jul 2010, 00:17

Previous topic - Next topic
I guess I'm the only person that liked it I have the whole series
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Relax, you're not the only one.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Would like it to come out on blu ray
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

I gave it a shot during its first run, and just felt like I wasn't the audience for it.

That said, I began watching regularly beginning with Season 4 and watched that and Season 5. 

Season 4 was terrific.  I really enjoyed this take on it, right down to the goofy Killer Moth mutation.  Season Four includes Alan Burnett from BTAS as a show runner and Paul Dini is given a shot to bring Harley Quinn in. It's fun watching the BTAS veterans cut loose a little bit and play in this new world of story.

Also some of the episodes are just terrifically written.  In particular, the Artifacts episode that pays a great deal of homage to the recent comics  and TDKR.  Probably my favorite episode of the series, and as far as I'm concerned, *nails* The Batman's characterization.

While I can't speak to the earlier seasons, Season 4 is terrific. 

I've been watching some of these with my son now. These episodes have Superman in them and are pretty good.

This show has really gotten a bad rap. If we'd gotten this in 1992 rather than BTAS, people would be raving about it to this day. The animation looks great to me, the voice talent that I've heard is largely good (only Dan C's Krusty the Clown version of Scarface bothers me from the episodes I've seen) and it looks like this was a conscious effort to be an action-oriented show for an all-age audience.

I never got into it. From what my brother has said (he watched it closely) is that the network often claimed to have a new episode and then it would be a rerun. That will kill any series soon enough....  :(

I've watched a few episodes, I thought it was OK but not even close to B:TAS. I loved the intro from The Batman though.

When I haven't been mingling with you cheerful chaps, I've been making my way through this show again for the first time in ages. Nestled in between BTAS and TBATB, it really is severely underrated.

I note version of Bruce also resembles Pattinson.

I like how the series evolves over the five seasons. It's worth revisiting to the point it's a hidden gem, which is strange to say for something with 65 episodes. But it's the truth.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 17 Nov  2019, 09:52
When I haven't been mingling with you cheerful chaps, I've been making my way through this show again for the first time in ages. Nestled in between BTAS and TBATB, it really is severely underrated.

I note version of Bruce also resembles Pattinson.

I like how the series evolves over the five seasons. It's worth revisiting to the point it's a hidden gem, which is strange to say for something with 65 episodes. But it's the truth.
I think history has been kind to this series. TB had to go out of its way to be different from BTAS. So they made some kind of interesting creative decisions. But the series is reverent toward Batman and the fans. The overall tone of the series sort of reminds me of the late 60's comics, when the Adam West era had been mothballed but the fullness of Adams, O'Neil, Aparo and others hadn't come yet. It's fun and high-adventure type stuff that intentionally tries to be slightly less dark than BTAS was.

I can see where this show isn't for everybody. The anime bit of characters either moving or talking but rarely talking while moving can get a bit predictable. But I still applaud the show for trying to be good, yet different.