Trailer

Started by Silver Nemesis, Sun, 12 Feb 2023, 23:04

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 30 Apr 2023, 18:32 #80 Last Edit: Mon, 1 May 2023, 15:35 by thecolorsblend
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 30 Apr  2023, 03:24Fair enough. I always thought Dean Cain's Superman, Schumacher's Batman and Shipp's Flash could comfortably exist in the same universe with one another. When Lois & Clark made reference to Batman, I assumed it was Schumacher's. And when Schumacher's Batman made reference to Superman, I assumed it was Cain's. And Shipp's Flash is largely compatible with both of them.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sun, 30 Apr  2023, 17:59A version of Batman existed in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and he drove the same Batmobile as Keaton.

I agree with colors that the Schumacher Batman would have been a better fit tonally for L&C, but at the time this episode aired the Burton and Schumacher Batmen were considered one and the same.
That moment is part of my little conspiracy theory, actually. Between the Penguin stealing the Furst Batmobile in BR and the Lakes stealing it some time later, Batman decided it was time to go back to the drawing board. So, he designed the Gigeresque car from BF.

EDIT- Quoted my post in that other thread for context.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 30 Apr  2023, 15:00
Yeah, ultimately, it's just an offshoot universe. My preferred sequence of events will always be the original four films--I like Bruce's evolution as a character there. From a lonely, haunted and unsettled vigilante to an emotionally centered crimefighter with a new surrogate family. It very much mirrors the evolution of the character from the Golden to Bronze ages, and I appreciate that very much, as coincidental as it may have been.
I prefer the idea Keaton has his own continuity, but I do like where the Schumacher series led. Robin and Batgirl join him, like the 66 show, and he becomes even more of a father figure as Alfred ages. It's a legitimate path to take. But in my mind these golden years shouldn't last, and become haunting memories of a career highpoint.

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Sun, 30 Apr  2023, 15:00
I suppose in this new timeline... Robin never came around, Bruce never made peace with his parents' death (and may still blame himself for it), and has only become more bitter and more brooding. Alfred dies, severing all of Bruce's link to his remaining humanity. It's a gloomy path. But when the forces of evil rise again, to cast a shadow on the heart of the planet... he still answers the call.
Unless there's evidence to prove otherwise, I'll imagine Robin in the form of Wayans still happened but it's been a long time since then. This is the way I prefer Batman's main career coming to a close. The king of brooding is strong enough to take that level of social isolation and pain. But ala TDK Returns or Beyond he does come back for a period of time for whatever reason the story requires. It's my opinion that the Burton and Schumacher timelines are seperate, and when Barry runs back in time both will be restored, and Barry somehow jumped into the latter. If Adam West and other worlds are still intact I don't see why Burton's (or the B89/BR/BF/B&R timeline if that's what fans imagine) shouldn't be as well.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 30 Apr  2023, 18:32That moment is part of my little conspiracy theory, actually. Between the Penguin stealing the Furst Batmobile in BR and the Lakes stealing it some time later, Batman decided it was time to go back to the drawing board. So, he designed the Gigeresque car from BF.

One theory I had is that perhaps the Lakes never actually owned the Batmobile, but rather just the bits of bodywork that were discarded during the Batmissile transformation.

They could've mounted these authentic pieces on a replica chassis for display purposes.

I always wondered what happened to their collection after the police seized it. Was the Batmobile shipped back to Gotham and entrusted to Commissioner Gordon? Did Cain's Superman personally deliver it to stately Wayne Manor?

Fri, 5 May 2023, 09:02 #83 Last Edit: Fri, 5 May 2023, 11:18 by Silver Nemesis
Here's an extended TV spot. It contains some extra footage, including a clip of the Batwing exiting the Batcave through a waterfall and a shot of Keaton throwing a Batarang.

Here's another extended TV spot. The coolest clip in this one is at the 36-second mark, where Keaton seemingly shoots a bad guy with the grapple gun and draws him into a kick. This is our first glimpse of Batman's updated fighting style.

And here's a new poster.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

What're the odds on this reaction shot becoming a meme?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri,  5 May  2023, 09:02
Here's another extended TV spot. The coolest clip in this one is at the 36-second mark, where Keaton seemingly shoots a bad guy with the grapple gun and draws him into a kick. This is our first glimpse of Batman's updated fighting style.
Keaton's Batman in the original films was a precise warrior who mostly stood his ground in battle, and I still appreciate the aura that gave. What we see in this clip is the fully fledged veteran who has been fighting crime for decades, variant or not, and it's a thrill to see. The fact this is an amalgamated timeline makes the movie even more of a free hit, both in terms of the story and Keaton's real life return, in the sense anything goes before that world collapses around itself. It's like a tribute act while still showing something new and pushing the story forward. I wouldn't rule out another multiverse appearance in a future event film, but this really is Michael's last hurrah. The excitement is getting more real now there's nearly a month left to wait.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Tue, 23 May  2023, 10:25

Here's a better version of the final trailer, without all the text.

Oh man, I really liked how they mixed Pink Floyd with the score. That sounded so good.

Also, did Affleck give you strong Conroy vibes at the begging when he said, "I need you hear NOW, Barry".