The Odyssey of Bruce and Selina

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 15 Jan 2012, 05:36

Previous topic - Next topic
Great stuff Catwoman.  Really well written, although I'd have thought that Chip Shreck would have been getting sloshed at the party.  Also, I'm surprised that this Catwoman is so brutal.

Any idea when we can expect the next chapter please?  ;)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

soon. wish other people were reading too though :(

Chapter 6

Selina's heroism at the gala made her a relunctant mini-celebrity. Several news and radio stations in Gotham City tried to book interviews with her, but she declined them all. A few who didn't get the hint managed to find her address in Murrysville and tried to get a scoop. Little did they know she was staying in Josh's home, from which they could both watch the incessant flow of news vans to her driveway, until the media storm blew over.

"Nosy sons of bitches," she said over a glass of orange juice one morning as another van pulled up in front of her house. "Want me to go over there and give them what for?" he asked. She sighed and shook her head.

"I will. Lucky them, they get the big scoop." She put her orange juice down, stood up, and walked over to the couch she had been sleeping on. "It's not far, I'll just walk," she said, picking up her pink lounge pants and pulling them on. Then she pulled her t-shirt over her head and walked to the door.

"No shoes?" Josh asked, referencing her bare feet. "Nope," she said. "They want the real Selina Kyle, they're gonna get her." Josh looked at her clean but messy hair, wrinkled t-shirt, and wrinkled pants, which she unwittingly had put on backwards. "You aren't kiddng," he said. Selina flipped him off before heading outside.

As she strolled to her house, she noticed there were no news logos on the van, and there weren't any cameramen around. There was just a solitary woman, blonde like her, knocking at the door.

"Can I help you?" Selina called out, walking up to her. The woman turned towards her. She had a familiar face, though Selina couldn't place where she'd seen her before. "Yes, I'm looking for Selina Kyle," she said. "You found her," Selina replied. "Well yes," said the woman, "but it seems no one is home." "I mean you found her now. I'M Selina Kyle. And you are?"

The woman smiled and stepped off Selina's doorstep out into her grassy lawn. She took Selina's hand in hers. "You're my hero!" she exclaimed. "What you did was fantastic! It's so great to see a woman stand up and be strong for a change, instead of waiting for some Batman to come save her!"

"Gee, where have I heard that before?" Selina thought to herself. Without paying attention, she rolled her eyes. The woman stepped back, a hurt look on her face. "I-I didn't mean to bother you," she said. "Hmm? Oh no you didn't!" Selina replied. "I was just thinking of something from a long time ago that you reminded me of. I'm an idiot, don't pay me any mind."

The woman cocked her head in confusion, like a bewildered puppy, causing Selina to laugh. "So what is your name?" she asked. "Sheena," the woman replied. "Sheena Clifford." "Well nice to know you, Sheena," Selina said. "Do you live or work in Gotham?" "Live there, yes, and you could probably say I work there too," Sheena replied. "Great," Selina said. "We should meet for coffee some day."

"That would be nice," Sheena said. "Anyway, I should be getting home. Here's my number." She scribbled her phone number onto a piece of paper and handed it to Selina. "Okay," Selina said, taking it. She tried to put it in her hip pocket, but there was none there. "Huh?" she asked, looking down. "What the hell?! I put my pants on BACKWARDS?! And Josh knew and didn't say anything! That bastard!" "Josh?" Sheena asked, snapping Selina back to attention. "Oh, he's my boyfriend," she replied, sticking the piece of paper in her back pocket, now up front. "I'm staying at his house up the street," she continued, pointing towards Josh's house, "until news people quit showing up at my house."

"I see," Sheena replied. "Well, I really need to get going. It was nice meeting you." She gave Selina a hug and got into her van. "I'll be talking with you soon," she said with a smile. "Take care." "Bye bye," Selina called out, waving as the van pulled away and headed up the street. "She must think I'm a looney toon," she groaned as it disappeared from view.

Realizing she needed to get back up to Josh's house before anyone else showed up wanting to interview her, she then broke into a jog. Josh was still sitting at their table when she walked in.

"How'd it go?" he asked. Selina just stood, hands on her hips for a moment. Then she took off the pants and threw them in his face.

"Jerk," she said, walking past.

Great stuff Catwoman.  Is it possible to have some more descriptions of the characters though?  As in what they look like etc?

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 28 Jan  2012, 11:49
Great stuff Catwoman.  Is it possible to have some more descriptions of the characters though?  As in what they look like etc?

eh. i've already introduced most of them. i'll find pics of actors or other real people that you can use to guage what they're supposed to look like. except of course for selina, bruce, chase, dick, chip, gordon, alfred, knox, and the rest of the ones you already knew. they all look like they would've looked circa 1999, lol.

here's a 2000 michelle pic, proof she still had it goin on ;)

Nice pic of Michelle.  I look forward to your next chapter and more concerning Chip and the new Catwoman...

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 28 Jan  2012, 16:21
Nice pic of Michelle.  I look forward to your next chapter and more concerning Chip and the new Catwoman...

they're not in it ;)

Gerty? Is that the THE Gerty? THE Gossip Gerty? The first and only time in my life I ever cursed on a screen character like they were real?