Paul Reubens as Penguin's father

Started by johnnygobbs, Sun, 11 Oct 2015, 23:00

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: BatmAngelus on Tue, 13 Oct  2015, 16:26
Even without makeup, Taylor looks closer to being related to Reubens than Devito.

As for Oswald's dad, I get the impression that he and Gertrude are estranged, since the lady was openly flirting with Maroni last season and the father isn't living with her in her apartment. Perhaps Oswald's father isn't even a "Cobblepot" or "Kapelput" and Oswald's been using the Anglicized version of his mother's name. I look forward to seeing what they have in store.
That makes a lot of sense.  Maybe he's a dodgy itinerant type of father.  It's possible that Oswald hasn't even met him yet.

And you're right about the physical similarities.  I wonder if Reubens will base his performance on Taylor's mannerisms, minus the limp?

QuoteOne thing's for certain: he's still alive, in contrast to the Batman Returns version as well as the comic book origin in which Oswald's father dies from pneumonia, which leads Mrs. Cobblepot to insist on having him carry an umbrella all the time.
I also highly doubt he'll be as 'aristocratic' as the version in Batman Returns.

QuoteHe "disappeared" after the Season 2 villain kidnapped him. There's currently a storyline where people are trying to run for Mayor. Murphy could've easily played the male candidate last night.
That would have been awesome.  Maybe Murphy could be added in another capacity later on, perhaps as a businessman or a character's father.  He would have been a good choice to have played Barbara's stiff, WASPy father in the last season.

Who else could be added to the case and in what type of parts?  What about Robert Wuhl, Billy Dee Williams, Tracy Walter, Jerry Hall, Cristi Conaway and Andrew Bryniarski, or Schumacher cast-members like Chris O'Donnell, Debi Mazar, Ed Begley Jr., Alicia Silverstone, Elle Macpherson, John Glover (who's already been a prominent part of "Smallville") and Vivica A. Fox?

I haven't mentioned some of the more high-profile actors like Michael Keaton, Nicole Kidman, Jim Carrey and George Clooney since I doubt they'd do TV at this stage of their careers.  But Michelle Pfeiffer's next project is a TV movie about Bernie Madoff; perhaps she could be persuaded to appear in the show, perhaps as Selina's estranged mother.  And Danny DeVito is also doing a fair bit of TV work.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/TV/2016/01/05/Paul-Reubens-photographed-on-the-set-of-Gotham/6401452040779/

It'll be interesting to see how he plays this role. I've always found him a very good actor and let's see how his relationship with his son is presented.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Tue, 13 Oct  2015, 17:31

What about Robert Wuhl, Billy Dee Williams, Tracy Walter, Jerry Hall, Cristi Conaway and Andrew Bryniarski, or Schumacher cast-members like Chris O'Donnell, Debi Mazar, Ed Begley Jr., Alicia Silverstone, Elle Macpherson, John Glover (who's already been a prominent part of "Smallville") and Vivica A. Fox?

That would be fun.