The Flash (2022)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Fri, 21 Aug 2020, 14:35

Previous topic - Next topic
I could see them using some dialogue (perhaps deleted to overdub him if he were to say anything) from Forever

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 24 Aug  2020, 00:55
Not sure on the validity but
https://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/val-kilmer-reportedly-returning-batman-flash/

I would take anything that comes from that clickbait website with a grain of salt. But if Kilmer were to appear, it would have to be a non-costumed cameo, at the very most.

Not sure if Affleck and Keaton will ever interact in The Flash, but it would be a cool little bit of fan service if they did. The Flash won't be an adaptation of Flashpoint, so anything can happen.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 24 Aug  2020, 03:46
I could see them using some dialogue (perhaps deleted to overdub him if he were to say anything) from Forever
I'm not going to complain if more Batman actors feature, but I do like the idea it's only Keaton and Affleck given they're both experienced warriors with long crime fighting careers. I believe that's another reason why they've gone with Keaton replacing Affleck in the main DCEU, apart from the obvious nostalgic boost.

Can anyone here who knows more about Flashpoint or The Flash's abilities in general, tell me what capacity does The Flash have in terms of time-travel, and in view of the vast improvements in de-aging CGI, would The Flash be able to insert himself in the action of various past Batman films, and possibly alter their narratives?

As an aside, I am a huge fan of Andy Muschietti's It films, especially the first episode, and I loved the background reference to Batman 89 appearing on the local theater marquee (the summer of 89, good times indeed, even if I was too young to see Batman 89 on the big screen), but I always thought it was a missed opportunity not to have a sequence with Pennywise emerging from one of the films to attack a member of the Losers Club (say Richie, the character who appears to most frequent the local theater).  Maybe it would have been impossible to sign-off Jack Nicholson's permission, but seeing as It was made by Warner Bros Studios (notice that all three films that appear on the theater marquee, Batman, Lethal Weapon 2, and Nightmare on Elm Street 5, were made by WB or its subsidiary, New Line), I always thought it would have been amazing, not to mention terrifying, to watch The Joker transform into another clown, Pennywise, and begin to taunt Richie whilst he is watching Batman 89 for the umpteenth time.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon, 24 Aug  2020, 03:46

Yeah, if something like a bona-fide Kilmer Batman cameo were to actually transpire, Kilmer being overdubbed, or possibily using audio of Kilmer from any Warners film footage they might have that could be implemented into the scene.

One alternate way of going about it, would be for Chris O'Donnell being included as well and getting most of the dialogue, with Kilmer only giving a quick quip in response to conclude the scene.

However, I agree with TDK in that Affleck/Keaton being more that sufficient in providing Batman appearances. Also, TDK's idea of Barry traveling thru the speed force, and seeing a vision of Kilmer's Batman, perhaps via the use of deleted footage/B roll footage, thus giving Kilmer recognition with minimal effort works for me as well.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon, 24 Aug  2020, 17:08
Can anyone here who knows more about Flashpoint or The Flash's abilities in general, tell me what capacity does The Flash have in terms of time-travel, and in view of the vast improvements in de-aging CGI, would The Flash be able to insert himself in the action of various past Batman films, and possibly alter their narratives?

Yes, he does have this capability. It's essentially the crux of the Flashpoint story line. A 'Quantum Leap' to right a wrong, but like the Butterfly Effect/DC's Elseworlds "The Nail", that action changes everything. Reverse-Flash has this capability as well.

QuoteAs an aside, I am a huge fan of Andy Muschietti's It films, especially the first episode, and I loved the background reference to Batman 89 appearing on the local theater marquee (the summer of 89, good times indeed, even if I was too young to see Batman 89 on the big screen), but I always thought it was a missed opportunity not to have a sequence with Pennywise emerging from one of the films to attack a member of the Losers Club (say Richie, the character who appears to most frequent the local theater).  Maybe it would have been impossible to sign-off Jack Nicholson's permission, but seeing as It was made by Warner Bros Studios (notice that all three films that appear on the theater marquee, Batman, Lethal Weapon 2, and Nightmare on Elm Street 5, were made by WB or its subsidiary, New Line), I always thought it would have been amazing, not to mention terrifying, to watch The Joker transform into another clown, Pennywise, and begin to taunt Richie whilst he is watching Batman 89 for the umpteenth time.

Yes, I had the same feelings. Using the Creature from the Black Lagoon, or Frankenstein's Monster wouldn't make much sense or have the same impact on the Loser's Club in 1989, I too thought using 1980's monsters/slashers would have been a nice nod/change for the updated adaptation. I think a Pennywise version of Freddy Krueger could have possibily been used since New Line is under Warners if I am not mistaken.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 25 Aug  2020, 01:29
Yes, I had the same feelings. Using the Creature from the Black Lagoon, or Frankenstein's Monster wouldn't make much sense or have the same impact on the Loser's Club in 1989, I too thought using 1980's monsters/slashers would have been a nice nod/change for the updated adaptation. I think a Pennywise version of Freddy Krueger could have possibily been used since New Line is under Warners if I am not mistaken.
Or, or or, check this out: Flash messes up the Burtonverse timeline which means The Joker avoids his death scene altogether, rather than being resurrected.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 25 Aug  2020, 07:51
Or, or or, check this out: Flash messes up the Burtonverse timeline which means The Joker avoids his death scene altogether, rather than being resurrected.

True, and to which would give the CW Earth-89 cameo with Knox some creedence in the grand scheme of things with that "Batman captures the Joker again" newspaper headline...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 26 Aug  2020, 04:29

True, and to which would give the CW Earth-89 cameo with Knox some creedence in the grand scheme of things with that "Batman captures the Joker again" newspaper headline...
I'd hope that if Batman had the capability, with The Flash, to alter time, he'd rectify the mistakes that led to the lovely Ice Princess falling to her death (maybe he could also stop Shreck pushing Selina out of a window, but since that would prevent her becoming Catwoman, maybe that's not such a great idea from a story POV - then again, if Selina doesn't become Catwoman, it's more likely she becomes the 'socialite' that is referred to in the newspaper headline who marries Bruce Wayne).

Also, I'd hope that he'd apply his later 'no-kill' policy to all the thugs and goons he killed in Batman 89 and Batman Returns, like The Strong Man with the bomb and the Fire Eater he set on fire, not to mention The Joker henchmen he machinegunned during the 200th celebration festival.

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 26 Aug  2020, 04:29

Precisely what I had in mind.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 26 Aug  2020, 04:58
Also, I'd hope that he'd apply his later 'no-kill' policy to all the thugs and goons he killed in Batman 89 and Batman Returns, like The Strong Man with the bomb and the Fire Eater he set on fire, not to mention The Joker henchmen he machinegunned during the 200th celebration festival.
Why?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 26 Aug  2020, 05:42
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Wed, 26 Aug  2020, 04:58
Why?
Thank you for asking.

I only mean that if Batman has adapted a no-kill policy and sworn off the type of murderous brutality he had shown villains in the past, he may have some remorse and regrets over some of his past kills.

I don't say that as one of those people who are massively critical of Keaton's Batman's tendency to kill, but it would be an interesting way of addressing some of those criticisms.