My first BATMAN 1989 suit! =] Lotsa pics

Started by Batnar, Sun, 1 Feb 2009, 09:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Glad to see you've jointed this little site, Batnar.

Batman A.K.A.: Doc_Brown.

Color me jealous, that suit looks awesome Batnar! I'd love to have one just like it to wear at ComicCon in California this year.

Loan it to me? ;D

Tue, 17 Feb 2009, 03:24 #12 Last Edit: Fri, 20 Feb 2009, 15:11 by Batnar
Hey thanks guys! Actually, I have 2 more 89 cowls coming my way of different sizes.  I replaced the one you saw in the previous pictures with one of my current cowls which looks much more screen accurate and well proportioned to my suit and height.  I also have a big cape made of fabric with black pigmented poured latex on it (similar to the one used in the actual film).
I'm getting brand new leather 89 gloves as well with all the right trimmings and armor.
My boots are made from Nike but not the Air Trainer 3s yet. I'm working with my black Air Max which actually look really good and fairly accurate.
The boots will be the last thing I will work with in the future as I obtain my air trainer 3s and change their pigment.

Everything else is looking sharp. =]

I'll post new pics soon.

In fact, here's a teaser of my new cowl im sporting with the suit. You be the judge.

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Tue, 17 Feb 2009, 03:26 #13 Last Edit: Sun, 1 Mar 2009, 22:21 by Soo Bahk Bat
Looking good there, Batnar. Keep up w/ the fantastic work!

!!!

The Cowl is amazing and your likeness to Keaton is even more astounding.

That cowl is perfect, Batnar! PERFECT. I don't remember Batman having so much peach fuz on his chin though. ;D

Hey thanks bat brothers!  ;)

Haha, yeah forgive me for not shaving in these test shots. I promise the hair will be gone when I take my next test shoots with the suit on.  :)

A few more upgrades and it will be ready to go.  ;)
Thanks again and I shall see you all soon enough!
-------------------------------------------------------------
"Do you like eating in here?"   ...Oh yeah. .. ....   ... ... ...You know to tell you the truth, I don't think I've ever been in this room before.   
"hahaeheheh"  You want to get out of here?  "YES."

Hey, nice work, and the thing is you really look good with the cowl. Judging by countless fan-costumes I have seen over the web, most people's jawlines look a bit "off" under a bat-cowl, you really look the part  :)

Great work man" Keep posting more pics!
A little off the B89 suit discussion, but I'm working on a custom Batman TAS figure and I want to upload some photos, can someone tell me how I upload photos to the forum? Thanks! :)
Batman Arkham Asylum: The Batman game the fans were waiting for.