Kiss from a Rose

Started by Edd Grayson, Fri, 12 Jul 2013, 02:58

Previous topic - Next topic
The song makes a return to the screen later this year in a....unusual way. Check out 0:52! "Baaaah!!-Bay!..." LOL

Has anybody ever thought that this song is a better fit for Batman Returns than Batman Forever? Every time I listen to it I'm reminded of Bruce and Selina's relationship.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat,  2 Feb  2019, 00:35
Has anybody ever thought that this song is a better fit for Batman Returns than Batman Forever? Every time I listen to it I'm reminded of Bruce and Selina's relationship.

I always felt "Face to Face" accurately summed them up so I never thought about it, but you are right. :)

Actually, the more I think of it, I seem to recall a video on YouTube set to images and clips from Returns. Like wayyyyyyyy back before I even joined this site (coming up on 10 years).

The song wasn't really written for any movie. But reading the lyrics, it compares the redeeming effects of love to an addictive drug. In a weird kind of way, the writer is saying that virtue of someone he considers better than him brings out the best in him.

Bluntly, I don't see how that applies to Selina at all, considering how she is so similar to (or even more f**ked up than) Bruce.

To be fair, it doesn't completely apply to Chase either but I can see a closer match with her than I can Selina.

In my interpretation it's about Bruce's commitment to Gotham.

How he sees the goodness through the city's gloom, justifying his addiction (crimefighting) to keep going.

You remain my power, my pleasure, my pain
To me, you're like a growing, addiction that I can't deny
Won't you tell me, is that healthy, baby?
But did you know that when it snows
My eyes become large and the light that you shine can be seen?