DC Cinematic Universe Plans Announced

Started by BatmAngelus, Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 18:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 18:01 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 18:36 by BatmAngelus
Big news online today as WB has finally announced its slate for the rest of the DC Cinematic Universe to follow Man of Steel. I imagine a lot of this is dependent on how well BvS: Dawn of Justice does. One can assume that the CW Arrow/Flash universe are definitely not connected with the movies, based off of some of the films here.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/warner-bros-announces-10-dc-741008

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Suicide Squad

David Ayer is directing and apparently they're courting A-list stars to appear.

I'm guessing that we'll get yet another Amanda Waller (the fourth live action version after Smallville, Green Lantern, and Arrow) and that we'll see some Batman villains, like Deadshot and maybe even Harley Quinn.

Wonder Woman
Gal Gadot will star, obviously, spinning off from her appearance in BvS

Justice League: Part One
Snyder will direct and Cavill, Affleck, and Amy Adams confirmed to appear. I'm assuming the heroes that show up in BvS- WW, Aquaman- Cyborg- will appear, too.

The Flash
Actor Ezra Miller has been confirmed to play the character. It's unknown whether he will be Barry Allen or a different incarnation or if the character will appear in Justice League first.

Aquaman
To no one's surprised, the Warners CEO confirmed that Jason Momoa is in the role.

Shazam
With Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam. It feels like they were aiming to get this one out sooner, but pushed it back, considering they already got Johnson in the cast.

Justice League: Part Two
Snyder to direct again.

Cyborg
Ray Fisher is already playing Victor Stone in Batman v Superman and will presumably carry on here.

Green Lantern
I think it's safe to assume that this will be a reboot.

The press release also states that standalone Superman and Batman films are on the way:
[quote}"Warner Bros. Pictures and New Line Cinema will release a slate of at least 10 movies—as well as stand-alone Batman and Superman films—from 2016 through 2020 that expands this prized universe of characters."[/quote]

So, our Justice League looks like the following:
Superman: Henry Cavill
Batman: Ben Affleck
Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
Aquaman: Jason Momoa
Cyborg: Ray Fisher
The Flash: Ezra Miller

TBD:
Shazam (have a feeling they'll stick to the New 52 name)
Green Lantern
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

SUICIDE SQUAD! FINALLY I GET HARLEY IN LIVE ACTION!

Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 23:37 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 15 Oct 2014, 23:48 by BatmAngelus
Let the casting begin. Apparently, WB is looking at Ryan Gosling for one of the Suicide Squad members (Deadshot maybe?)
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-gosling-meets-houdini-doctor-740806?utm_source=twitter

They're also offering to Will Smith, Margot Robbie, and Bane himself, Tom Hardy.
QuoteAyer's Suicide Squad is still in early development and the script is being worked on. But that is not stopping the filmmaker and the studio from making overtures for what is to be an A-list ensemble piece filled with colorful anti-heroes. Sources say that Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Tom Hardy also are fielding offers. Warners had no comment.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Finally! WB/DC is planning for the future. Anyone who isn't happy about this news has no right calling themselves fans of DC Comics.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Thu, 16 Oct 2014, 11:58 #4 Last Edit: Thu, 16 Oct 2014, 12:06 by Edd Grayson
I sure am happy.

Hey, DC Comics! Think about the future! You can make a good decision if you try. ;D

Very pleased to see this roster.

I am excited about BvS in the short term, and think it can deliver the goods. Suicide Squad comes out in the same year, and that is also something I can see delivering. Especially based on the strength of Assault on Arkham. Batman cameos would also be welcomed. So in terms of 2016? That lineup is looking promising.

2017 also keeps the train going in a solid way. Wonder Woman and Justice League. I'll be all over news about these productions.

The Flash and Aquaman for 2018. I'll see these films and hope for the best, but at the moment I'm not as excited as the others.

2019 has the second Justice League outing, which will be my main event. Shazam could be a good movie, but then again, the character doesn't appeal to me that much. The weight is on the filmmakers to get me on board. Same applies to the 2020 films listed, Cyborg and Green Lantern.

The news of solo Batman and Superman films catches my eye in a big way. Hopefully they're sprinkled out in the next decade, and not at the far end of it.

Rumours say that Ben Affleck will star and direct the solo Batman reboot with Chris Terrio returning to writing duties for a 2018 release.

Source: http://screenrant.com/batman-reboot-ben-affleck-release-date/

Meanwhile, another claims that Chris Pine is looking to play Hal Jordan (Green Lantern). I think that would be great casting if it were true.

Source http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Chris-Pine-May-Play-Green-Lantern-Alter-DC-Comics-Plans-72208.html

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Please Ben and whoever that other guy is, don't screw it up.

Wow I'll be 32 when that comes out. :-[

Yeah, that's a sobering thought catwoman. I'm looking forward to the next solo Batman film, but I won't be wishing my life away.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 25 Jun  2015, 15:08
Yeah, that's a sobering thought catwoman. I'm looking forward to the next solo Batman film, but I won't be wishing my life away.

Me either. Hopefully BvS and Suicide Squad are so freaking awesome they tide me over for 2 years and then it's like "Oh wow the Batman movie is coming out, sweet!" lol