Did Batman deserve some punishment?

Started by Catbat, Mon, 7 Dec 2015, 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic
It was the Penguin's plan and Catwoman cooperated with him, although she didn't know he wanted to kill the Princess.  That Batman could've done more to save her and that he fell for the trap is another thing.

And I don't hate you for your opinion, even if I may disagree in part. :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 19:37
It was the Penguin's plan and Catwoman cooperated with him, although she didn't know he wanted to kill the Princess.  That Batman could've done more to save her and that he fell for the trap is another thing.
He should have been delegitimised for that alone.  >:(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 20:07

But the two bumbling officials, Gordon and the Mayor, could never have stopped the Gang, let alone Shreck or the Penguin. Batman, even if he didn't save the day, was still fighting against evil. Like the trailer said, if memory serves, the only one that can fight evil is a creature of the night.

So, I don't think Batman is a flawless character in this film, but that is also what makes him interesting.Same goes for Catwoman, and Penguin even. Shreck was a clear-cut villain, nothing to like about him for me, and may I remind you that Shreck "made" Catwoman in a similar way that Jack Napier "made" Batman.

Pretty sure I lost brain cells reading some of these replies. You can guess which ones.

The way he let his guard down with Catwoman was just asking for him to get his ass kicked. I don't think she was trying to hurt him so much as she wanted to embarrass him and prove to him (and more so herself) that she didn't NEED some Batman to come save her anymore. Once he let his guard down and she saw her opportunity, well, you all know what happened. Did he deserve it? Who knows. Take it from me boys, y'all give us an opening and we WILL exploit it. We may tickle you or we may tackle you or we may kick you off a rooftop. Depends on our mood at the moment. :)

I would attempt to write a coherent thesis for the Ice Princess part of it but coherency, logic, and general brainpower have gone out the window, obviously.

If we're going to condemn every negligent thing Batman has done on film then it should be including his reckless driving in armored vehicles that cause billions of dollars in property damage and endangered people's lives, refusing to kill the Joker and despite he killed Ra's al Ghul in the first film and lied to the public about Dent that gave Gotham a false sense of security.

But hey, at least Batman saved Gotham in the end, right? ;) Well, except in The Dark Knight.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 21:18

If we're going to condemn every negligent thing Batman has done on film then it should be including his reckless driving in armored vehicles that cause billions of dollars in property damage and endangered people's lives, refusing to kill the Joker and despite he killed Ra's al Ghul in the first film and lied to the public about Dent that gave Gotham a false sense of security.

But hey, at least Batman saved Gotham in the end, right? ;) Well, except in The Dark Knight.

Don't bother attempting logic with this moron. He's blinded by his sick fascination with a fringe third string character in a movie. Nothing you say is going to crack through his ten inch thick skull.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 21:18

I'm not really that interested in the Nolan films.  I think they're perfectly entertaining enough, but I don't feel any real affinity with them the way I do with the Burton ones, so this isn't a comparison between Batman '89/Batman Returns and TDK trilogy.

And I'm not talking about what happened to innocent civilians or criminals in TDK trilogy.  I'm talking about what happened to one specific character in Batman Returns.  :(
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 21:13
Pretty sure I lost brain cells reading some of these replies. You can guess which ones.

The way he let his guard down with Catwoman was just asking for him to get his ass kicked. I don't think she was trying to hurt him so much as she wanted to embarrass him and prove to him (and more so herself) that she didn't NEED some Batman to come save her anymore. Once he let his guard down and she saw her opportunity, well, you all know what happened. Did he deserve it? Who knows. Take it from me boys, y'all give us an opening and we WILL exploit it. We may tickle you or we may tackle you or we may kick you off a rooftop. Depends on our mood at the moment. :)

I would attempt to write a coherent thesis for the Ice Princess part of it but coherency, logic, and general brainpower have gone out the window, obviously.

Catwoman's my favorite character in the film. And it helps that it's Michelle Pfeiffer, of course. And I think Keaton was the perfect Bruce for her Selina.

I don't have anything to add to the Ice Princess case either. Really, I have nothing more to say about it.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 21:18If we're going to condemn every negligent thing Batman has done on film then it should be including his reckless driving in armored vehicles that cause billions of dollars in property damage and endangered people's lives, refusing to kill the Joker and despite he killed Ra's al Ghul in the first film and lied to the public about Dent that gave Gotham a false sense of security.

He didn't kill Ra's. He allowed him to die, which is wrong, but it's not killing. Refusing to kill the Joker isn't a crime or negligent. Driving an armored vehicle didn't cause billions of dollars of property damage. But him being reckless in that situation was the point and if someone had gotten killed because of it, yes, he should be held responsible. But he didn't. And in TDK he did save the city by stopping the Joker from pressing that button to blow up the ferries.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Wow. I'm disappointed in those insulting someone for talking about fictional character. Please be better than that. I'm sure you can be.

God bless you all! God bless everyone!