This really upsets me

Started by johnnygobbs, Fri, 4 Dec 2015, 17:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Max Shreck on Tue, 19 Jan  2016, 23:49
Personally, many "old" superhero films and action films in general I find to be more fun and heartfelt that some newer ones. Special Effects aren't everything.  :)
But I really wish the Ice Princess had only been 'scared' like The Penguin promised.  :-\  I also wish that she somehow survived her fall, as Selina survived hers earlier in the film.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

I understand but that's a plot element, really not related to the difference in technology for SFX. And it wouldn't be Batman Returns if a character got a happy ending, right ?

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 20 Jan  2016, 00:47
I understand but that's a plot element, really not related to the difference in technology for SFX. And it wouldn't be Batman Returns if a character got a happy ending, right ?
But the Ice Princess was a happy-go-lucky bubbly blonde; not a brooding misfit.  She should have got a happy ending.  >:(

No one got a happy ending in the film.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 20 Jan  2016, 01:30
No one got a happy ending in the film.
How about the mayor and the children who were saved from being drowned?  :-\

The children were never shown... and the Mayor was good friends with Shreck, was he not?

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 20 Jan  2016, 03:02
The children were never shown... and the Mayor was good friends with Shreck, was he not?
Really?  Shreck stabbed him in the back.  And didn't we see Batman avert the children's kidnap?

The children were not characters in the film. And do you think the Mayor was really happy with what happened to the city that Christmas? I think not.

Quote from: Max Shreck on Wed, 20 Jan  2016, 03:26
The children were not characters in the film. And do you think the Mayor was really happy with what happened to the city that Christmas? I think not.
Still, he got to keep his job, without authorising Max's power plant, and I'm not sure what you mean about the children.  :-\

Wed, 20 Jan 2016, 04:13 #29 Last Edit: Wed, 20 Jan 2016, 04:15 by Max Shreck
We never see the children. They can't really be considered as having an ending if they didn't ever appear in the film as characters, from my point of view.

There was another Mayor by the time of the next movie, so I don't think that this one got a happy ending.

So, nobody got a happy ending except maybe Alfred who didn't have to watch Oswald on television anymore. :)