Batman Returns Coloring Books

Started by The Dark Knight, Fri, 16 Jan 2009, 13:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Cheers for that.

It's not a coloring book, but I scanned a page from the Batman Returns children's short story 'The Penguin's Plot' that I rather like. Bruce in his brooding pose.

That's an excellent scan Dark Knight.  Do you have any more to share? :)

Also, would you be able to give a brief synopsis of 'The Penguin's Plot'?  Does it follow the film at all?
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  1 May  2009, 17:04
That's an excellent scan Dark Knight.  Do you have any more to share? :)

Also, would you be able to give a brief synopsis of 'The Penguin's Plot'?  Does it follow the film at all?

I ask the same. ;)

the artwork was done by Garcia Lopez....his art is also on all the art for the Super Powers collection action figures packaging..we was ( and still is ) the go to guy for any art that was put on the DC merch back in the 80's& 90's..now they use Jim Lee and Mike Zeck for their packaging art...I own original copies of the Batman returns art style guide ...is there any specific pics that anyone is looking for.....I'll have to dig them out 1st 

If it's not too much for you, Reevz, is it possible for you to scan the whole book?

Sat, 2 May 2009, 01:42 #16 Last Edit: Sat, 2 May 2009, 01:49 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  1 May  2009, 17:04
Yes, it does follow the rough plot of the film. It focuses on The Penguin and Batman's struggle against him. It ends after Penguin runs away from the angry crowd, after Batman exposes him. Makes sense, since they wouldn't want his death scene and things like that included in a book of this type.

Quote from: Reevz666 on Sat,  2 May  2009, 00:15
I own original copies of the Batman returns art style guide ...is there any specific pics that anyone is looking for.....I'll have to dig them out 1st 
Wow. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I'm most interested in the Batman pictures, but as Dark Knight Detective says, if possible scan the whole thing. Then they can be uploaded onto the archives here for all time.

The Dark Knight, are Catwoman & Max in the story, as well?

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Sat,  2 May  2009, 02:00
The Dark Knight, are Catwoman & Max in the story, as well?
No. It's only a short book.

How does Batman expose the Penguin in the book (DJ equipment, or something else)?